Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped snakes this past Saturday, 2012 GT500 to a new GT350. The 500 has 20k and I bought it new over 6yrs. It was fun but recently felt plain (white and a stripe delete option). New Bullitt sparked my interest in getting a new Mustang but something about that front nose didn’t impress me and the GT350 has its sinister looks and I was sold. Looked at one with Recaro seats and wasn’t able to see myself comfortably driving more then 20minutes with those seats (looked great but way too snug on the hips). Was able to find a 350 with the Convenience Package instead about an hour away. My two sons both like the roomier back seat (8 and 12) vs the 500.

Got it home from dealer and installed the front splitter. I can see how these can be installed incorrectly by the dealer and was glad to do it myself. Snapping the main section in which took some force but it did go. All secured and looks great.

Going to get paint protection film and window tint soon. Have the passenger side oil seperator, some rubber floor mats, domed Shelby letters, jacking rails and hood struts ordered.

I did see a couple spots on the Black stripes that didn’t clean up with detail spray, I’m curious if some other product might work? I’m an Adam’s Polishes user but never had stripes before.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks nice. I was the same on the Recaros, the side fit was ok, but my hips just did not fit in the bottom bolsters. So I did the convenience package as well, which from what I see is a rarer option.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The stripes are vinyl, so be careful re polishing them. Your detail shop should know what to do, as paint correction is going to be part of getting PPF.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rectangle Wall Flooring Shade Tints and shades I went ahead and tried Adam’s finishing polish with my mini swirl killer, no change. I swapped pads and tried correction polish, still no change. I may just order those affected sections prior to clear bra install.

·
Registered
502 Posts
View attachment 10286 I went ahead and tried Adam’s finishing polish with my mini swirl killer, no change. I swapped pads and tried correction polish, still no change. I may just order those affected sections prior to clear bra install.

I know the small piece of stripe on the leading edge runs about $145. So I imagine you got at least $200 worth of stripe. Now’s the time you can remove them all without fade concerns. I got a small rock ding the first month <1000 miles. And I personally think Xpel works better without stripes. Good luck.

Nice car by the way, welcome to the site. :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice! It was down to Kona Blue or Mag Met Grey for me. I'd be just as happy if a dealer had met my price for a KB. Love that blue. Look forward to hearing your report on the differences between the 500 and 350. Congrats!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey congrats on your new Shelby and welcome to the forum! Great color and the blue ones are the fastest by the way ;)

Oh, not being a stripe guy, I removed mine shortly after picking it up. I had the roof wrapped in gloss black as that's the combo I would have ordered anyway. Just out of curiosity I priced the GT350 stripe segments at Tascafordparts and they were really expensive. Would be in the neighborhood of $1300 - $1600 to replace them. So be sure before you remove them. I recently ordered a 2018 Raptor and the vinyl hood and rear fender stickers are $2K...must be lined with gold or something...

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very Nice, good investment. Later down the road throw a Whipple Supercharger like I did, and your world will lite up in front of you(850hp). You will not regret it. Former GT 500 owner as well. 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts