Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just had to replace my tires after 3300 miles-belt showing on inside. They said it was not in alignment. I surely did not knock it out of alignment and both tires wore the same way. This was an intentional setup. Place put on new tires and had to realign to 'Ford specifications' for the gt350.

Any idea what happened here?

Mine is a 2020.

Thx!

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
121 Posts
Your alignment might've been setup for track use, not street use. Look at the manuals, they list different settings for track and street use.
I currently have 7,600 miles on my original SC2's, and they look fine. Im expecting to get 10k-12k out of them. I don't know what my alignment settings are, but I'll assume they were set for street use by someone at dealer before they sold it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your alignment might've been setup for track use, not street use. Look at the manuals, they list different settings for track and street use.
I currently have 7,600 miles on my original SC2's, and they look fine. Im expecting to get 10k-12k out of them. I don't know what my alignment settings are, but I'll assume they were set for street use by someone at dealer before they sold it.
Very interesting and makes sense. I just assumed they never set them up for track use right out of the assembly line. They sent a pair of camber plates. If it was setup for track, should I be using these for daily driving?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you buy it new? Is your GT350 an R model, or did it include the handling package? Either may be the reason why the alignment was set the way it was.
And I don't know why they included camber plates unless they were planning it for track use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you buy it new? Is your GT350 an R model, or did it include the handling package? Either may be the reason why the alignment was set the way it was.
And I don't know why they included camber plates unless they were planning it for track use.
Brand new! Like 2 miles when I got it. It had all of the options so handling package I assume. Standard, not R version.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
182 Posts
I bought a brand new 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. It ate front tires until I brought it in to get a more neutral alignment.
I need to do the same with my GT350.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a brand new 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. It ate front tires until I brought it in to get a more neutral alignment.
I need to do the same with my GT350.
Good to know.

Side note, when aligning the car, they needed to get camber bolts to make it work correctly. This is something else I found to be very weird. It couldn't do neutral alignment with factory equipment? So many things seem odd with this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I 2nd that it was probably a track alignment. Threads showing on the inside indicates negative camber. Could have just been a bad alignment from the factory/ dealer. These are assembled / prepped by human beings after all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What tires will you replace them with when it’s time?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Micheline discontinued the Super Sport last year. I did Pilot sport 4S because I put more road miles than track miles - they grip very well once they get up to temp.
Michelin still lists the Super Sports on their site.
And btw, the 4S' don't come in the standard sizes the GT350 uses.

So, if you want Michelin tires, and want to keep the stock tire sizes, then your choice is either the SC2's, or Super Sports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michelin still lists the Super Sports on their site.
And btw, the 4S' don't come in the standard sizes the GT350 uses.

So, if you want Michelin tires, and want to keep the stock tire sizes, then your choice is either the SC2's, or Super Sports.
And according to my provider, I would have needed to wait a long time for the super sports....FWIW.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I 2nd that it was probably a track alignment. Threads showing on the inside indicates negative camber. Could have just been a bad alignment from the factory/ dealer. These are assembled / prepped by human beings after all.
So I run -3 degrees camber on the front, and -2 on the rear. My tires wear even. It's most likely the toe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts