Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I discovered some damage to the drivers side lower mesh grill, underneath the turn signal. I thought maybe I had hit something larger than a bug, like a bird or something, but there is no evidence to suggest that. The car only has 300 miles on it and I’m pretty sure I would have noticed if I hit something large enough to crack the grill.

All that being said, I suspect this damage may have occurred before I got the car. Unfortunately, I did not discover it until after I purchased the car. I should have done a more thorough inspection.

Without accusing the dealer of malpractice, has anyone had an experience like this? I honestly, don’t think I have much recourse with the dealer and as much as it sucks, I really should have checked more closely, so I don’t blame the dealer per se. If it was damaged before I got it, I’m sure it was an accident.

I really just want it fixed and I want approach the dealer about it without coming off as an A-hole. Just looking for advice or past experience.

Cheers,

·
Registered
179 Posts
Without seeing the damage it's difficult to determine your situation. It is possible that you took a hit from a small stone on the road without detecting it. About seven weeks ago I took a hit from a small piece of 2 x 4 that was flipped up on the highway in front of me. I did not think it did any damage as I swerved to miss it, but when I had a chance to inspect the front of the car a few days later, I found the right lower grill it had about a baseball size hole punched in it. The plastic grill section cost me about $140 from the dealer and took me about 25 to 30 minutes to replace. It's not too bad of an operation going through the wheel well, if you want to do the work yourself. Everything is easily accessible, the most difficult part is removing the wheel well inner liner.
Try approaching the dealer, if you purchased the car as new, they may be willing to take care of the damage, there is not much work involved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without seeing the damage it's difficult to determine your situation. It is possible that you took a hit from a small stone on the road without detecting it. Try approaching the dealer, if you purchased the car as new, they may be willing to take care of the damage, there is not much work involved.
Thanks for the assist. I did end up contacting the dealer and was very up front that I was unsure where/when the damage occurred and was not trying to throw around accusations, but just wanted it fixed. The dealer seemed nonplussed about it and everything seems to be working out; they already have the part and I just need to schedule an appointment.

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts