Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only for my curiosity I would like to know if other owners have/had similar problem. After few drives with my new GT350 I found out several rock chips on inner surfaces of front fenders. After each drive at least 1 new rock chip was created. I repaired them at least by paint corrector and quickly applied protection foil. Bottom overhanging parts of fenders I treated with hand-made transparent sticker. Now, it is OK, but if I did not do this treatment I would have significant damage of paint on these parts so far I am sure. To be honest I am little bit surprised that such a “self-destructive” issue is not somehow solved already by producer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
110 Posts
It's the tires, SC2's, which grab and throw the rocks so readily. Some install rock guards on the inside of fenders. It's also why putting on PPF on the entire front, and back quarter panels is so popular.b

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the tires, SC2's, which grab and throw the rocks so readily. Some install rock guards on the inside of fenders. It's also why putting on PPF on the entire front, and back quarter panels is so popular.b
I understand, but then using of SC2 is not very happy enhancement for 2019 face lift, if user has to do counter measures on new car to protect it. Never mind it is like it is and I fortunatelly solved it relativelly soon. Now, I know to install PPF immediatelly after new car is picked up from show room. Btw these rock guards eliminte aerodynamic functionality of side skirts am I right?

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
110 Posts
Btw these rock guards eliminte aerodynamic functionality of side skirts am I right?
Don't know, I don't use them, but others do.
And btw, I haven't seen any signs of rock damage to the inside of my fenders, and I have a black car which would really stand out. Maybe the roads by you have lots of loose debris in the streets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know, I don't use them, but others do.
And btw, I haven't seen any signs of rock damage to the inside of my fenders, and I have a black car which would really stand out. Maybe the roads by you have lots of loose debris in the streets.
Frankly speaking on our roads fine gravel is used during winter when they are icy. I do not run GT350 during winters but I admit that on spring still some part of it left on roads. On the other hand my company car (VW Passat) running whole year without any protection and almost no rock chips (only few of them on front mask after 4 years of usage which is feasible). My friend with regular Mustang GT no rock chips on fenders and car is without any protection used during winters, too. I deem PSC II is the most probably reason, but maybe I have some defective (too soft) paint on my piece, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts