GT350.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 18' low mileage GT350 a month ago. Runs great and been having a great time. Wanted this car for sometime now and very happy with it. Here's my question: Being how I am... I was looking around and under the driver side dash and connected to the OBDII port (not the port itself but the wiring harness) there is a small black box with a slow flashing red light... what is this? Is this normal or part of some modification? Don't know the previous owner so I can ask them. It was advertised as under factory warrantee with only 8k on the clock.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I was sort of mistaken. After further investigation it is plugged into the OEM OBDII port and wrapped up with zip ties with another OBDII port plugged into the OEM bracket. I have looked for this on-line and can't find a thing. Don't know if this is a tuner, data logger, security component. There is no other modifications to the car other than possibly this. Stock air box with the Air Raid blue filter. Stock exhaust etc... Attached is a picture. Let me know if you have any ideas please.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually hadn't thought of that since I have the title. Maybe from original buyer and never removed or forgotten about? Makes as much since as anything else, Thanks for that, I'll look into it and have it removed if that's what it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes and no. I contacted the dealer that I bought it from and they knew nothing about it. Cannot get information on the previous owner so... Two ways to go. I take it off and be done with it... if there are no codes etc... involved or take a trip to the dealership and have them remove it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have the dealer remove it for you. That way you establish a service documentation history with this strange addition, and the dealership...CYA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts