Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to doubt what the GT350 can do, just show them these standings and smile (sort 2018, by manufacturer, GS):

https://sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/standings

The GT350 won more races than any other model in the series. The cars in this series includes:
Aston Martin Vantage
Audi R8 GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Camaro GT4.R
McLaren GT4
Mercedes-AMG GT4
Porsche Cayman GT4 MR

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live not too far from Daytona, and one of the things I like to do at the start of the year is go to the Rolex 24 Hour week. Usually on Thursday, the Continental Series runs its first race of the season. Always cool to see the race version of my car running around that track.

Glad to see Ford was able to hang onto the Manufacturer's title.

As a side note, I am sure going to miss seeing the Mini Coopers run in the ST class next year. Always have rooted for the underdog and the Mini will ALWAYS be the underdog!

Reactions: DewmsEleanor

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woot for another central Floridian. I really want to make a visit to the 24 Hour Daytona race next year. I go to the Sebring 12 Hour every year, and that is where I am exclusively tracking my GT350 at the moment as well. Love to get the track early and watch them put the cars together in the paddock. They let you walk up and get literally inches from the cars. Got some really good Ford GT (#66 and #67) pictures this year. Mostly because I decided to be crazy and be like the 5th car to arrive at the track for the race LOL. I think I was there at like 5:30 am.

Yes the mini's will be missed. Fun fact I didn't realize that I learned watching the race over the weekend. Apparently, those Mini's were the last true stick shift vehicles racing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been meaning to visit Sebring for years, but you know how life sometimes has other plans.

Buying the garage pass at Daytona is worth every penny as far as I am concerned. Seeing up close the amount of prep work they do to turn a production car into a race car is just amazing.

Sports cars should be stick in my opinion. True, other types of transmissions can shift faster, but I am more interested in the experience of driving than ultimate speed. That is obviously opposite of what a race team is looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts