Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Ford Performance lowering springs (M-5300-W). I few guys at a car meet have installed lowering springs and say handling in nite and day.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Any input or other brand? Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I haven’t done any homework on springs as I’m just not interested yet (sure it’s coming though, LOLJ, but I do browse threads. I recall seeing quite a few posts supporting the Ford springs. Several of the comments I noted said that compared to Eibach, the Ford lowered less and were stiffer/much better handling. Eibach had much more drop and were noticeably softer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t done any homework on springs as I’m just not interested yet (sure it’s coming though, LOLJ, but I do browse threads. I recall seeing quite a few posts supporting the Ford springs. Several of the comments I noted said that compared to Eibach, the Ford lowered less and were stiffer/much better handling. Eibach had much more drop and were noticeably softer.
Yeah, I have read similar. It was interesting that the Eibach lowered different rates front to rear. I like Fords idea, equal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll be interested to see how this works out for you, what springs you go with, difference in ride, etc. I drag my snout getting in and out of driveways (my own included) without lowering.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Plus I think with springs, you have to get the magneride recalibrated. I’m going with R 30 series tires too. Between calibrating, lowering the car from tires, and not unhappy with stock fender gap, springs are waaaay down my priority list.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had Ford Racing lowering springs on my 14 model GT500 and the drop was about 1/2” which was less than Eibach’s. Not sure I’d want to drop my 350 any lower than stock. The splitter is already a challenge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.