Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a used GT350 from a Ford dealership in Georgia. 2017 with just under 5000 miles. Everything seemed great and the dealership assured me that the car was totally stock. Since I planned on purchasing a Ford ESP I had them fill out the vehicle inspection form from zeiglerfordesp.com. Right after all the papers were signed, they then brought out the stock intake for the car and told me that it has a bolt on intake. I asked if the car was tuned beforehand and they said no. I shrugged it off and went home.

I've done some more research on the JLT CAI and it turns out a tune is required for it, so now I have reason to believe that the car is tuned. Everything else is stock AFAIK. Even though they already filled out the inspection checklist and I CAN purchase the ESP, I'm thinking that any powertrain damage will end up being denied since they will see the CAI and tune. I feel like I got ripped off... Either the dealer really didn't know it was tuned and they also shrugged off the intake, or they straight up lied to me.

I see three courses of action here:
1. Purchase the warranty and drive the car as is, hoping that if anything breaks it will be covered.
2. Put the stock intake back on and have a Ford dealership flash the car back to the stock tune.
3. Complain to the original dealership that I want to cancel the purchase... Not even sure if this is possible.

· Registered
68 Posts
What about going to a performance shop that has a tuner that can read the ECU and independently confirm what MAP is flashed? At least that way you’ll know what you have? Or maybe better to go to another dealer and have them check? That way if it has been tuned, you’ll get another Ford dealer’s report, and the original can’t say the performance shop flashed it.

· Registered
68 Posts
Also, if you go to another Ford dealer that has no skin in the game and they find it was flashed, that sounds like grounds for misrepresentation. On another note, I could be wrong but I think even if you flash back to stock, they can still tell it’s been flashed more than once.

· Registered
1 Posts
This is exactly what I'm afraid off. The GT350s I have looked at so far were either obviously tuned (JLT intake) or the sales person, who I don't believe 1 second, said it is totally stock. Only way to know is requesting an ECU read out and put it in writing in the paperwork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts