Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically i switched from Germany cars to Mustang recently and my car has about 6500 miles. What would be the best Engine and transmission oil and filter for my GT 350 and how much do i have to buy? any help is appreciated it.

Registered
Loaded question. 馃榿 You know the saying about opinions, but I will say this -- if under warranty I'd be using Motorcraft OEM fluids. I had an issue with the diff (under warranty) and my service person told me the first question Ford asked was what fluid was in the diff.

Your mileage may vary.

Registered
So basically i switched from Germany cars to Mustang recently and my car has about 6500 miles. What would be the best Engine and transmission oil and filter for my GT 350 and how much do i have to buy? any help is appreciated it.
That's what I was thinking.
Order the Motorcraft oil and filter also you might think about a new drain plug as well, the drain plug has an o ring .

Registered
I bought a lot of cars from my Ford dealer, since he is very local, very good family and have multiple dealerships. I know his Ford guys really well and they recommend not opening up the trany too quickly on a new car that is NOT tracked. Trany fluid on my 2021 Explorer Limited and 2019 Shelby is very high quality and long life.

Registered
I am coming from German cars to the Shelby as well and I changed my oil from Motorcraft to Amsoil. I think Motorcraft fluids are not up to par, period! I have changed all three fluids to Amsoil, ie, engine oil, transmission fluid and rear differential fluid. And don鈥檛 get caught up into that warranty crap. Whatever you changed from factory, the Manufacturer (Ford) has to prove that what you changed was the problem and then and only then will they deny your warranty. Amsoil meets and exceeds the manufacturer鈥檚 recommendations so there is no problem. And people should stop believing that the manufacturer鈥檚 fluids are lifetime because this is BS! Change your fluids as often as you think and or like. It does not hurt, it can only help the life of any vehicle. Miles does not matter. My motto is鈥 鈥渕iles don鈥檛 kill cars, people do!鈥

Registered
2020 GT350R
Welcome to the team.

Here is the cheatsheet I keep for my 2020 GT350R.

Engine Oil - 10QT
MOTORCRAFT XO5W50QGT Full Synthetic; SAE 5W-50
meets WSS-M2C931-C

Engine Oil Filter
MOTORCRAFT FL2087

Transmission Fluid - 2.5 QT
MOTORCRAFT XT10QLVC {#XL12} Mercon LV

Differential Fluid - 2 QT
MOTORCRAFT XY75W85QL SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant
25 lb-ft

Friction Modifier - 4.22 FL OZ MOTORCRAFT XL3 Additive Friction Modifier

Lug nuts
150 lb-ft

Tires
Front P305/35R19 19x11
Rear P315/30R19 19 x 11.5

Battery:
BXT-99RT4-A

Fuel Filter;
FG-1152

Cabin Air Filter:
FP-78

Windshield wipers:
Driver - WW-2160
Passenger - WW-1964

Antifreeze:
WSS-M97B57-A2

Brake Fluid:
WSS-M6C65-A2

Differential drain and fil plugs:
5R3Z-7860108-AA

Registered
I use MotorCraft. Order it on line. Do it my self and it is cheaper.
K-MansParts
707 Pinebranch St
Rock Hill, SC 29730
United States
[email protected]
With that said, I went to Track Attack in Utah, There was a big poster board in the front of the room that said, Castrol, oil of champions. Also the shirt they gave me had a Castrol oil patch on it.
My thought is, use what ever brand you want, just change it often. $125 or so to change the oil every 3000 to 5000 for street driving is still cheaper then $28,000 for an engine.

Registered
I use MotorCraft. Order it on line. Do it my self and it is cheaper.
K-MansParts
707 Pinebranch St
Rock Hill, SC 29730
United States
[email protected]
With that said, I went to Track Attack in Utah, There was a big poster board in the front of the room that said, Castrol, oil of champions. Also the shirt they gave me had a Castrol oil patch on it.
My thought is, use what ever brand you want, just change it often. $125 or so to change the oil every 3000 to 5000 for street driving is still cheaper then $28,000 for an engine.
I change all my fluids earlier than factory recommendations, such as engine oil at 4,000 to 5,000 miles, transmission fluid probably by 20k to 25k, but no real track mikes, just over mothering my car.
Factory synthetic fluids do not not breakdown that easy. I used to run a group under me that we leered nuclear power plant thermography, vibration, and oil analysts. They actually were at conferences with the oil experts from Shell and Mobil who design and test oil. Synthetic oil is difficult to breakdown it鈥檚 lubrication properties. It is usually moisture or dirt that is the enemy.

Registered
I change all my fluids earlier than factory recommendations, such as engine oil at 4,000 to 5,000 miles, transmission fluid probably by 20k to 25k, but no real track mikes, just over mothering my car.
Factory synthetic fluids do not not breakdown that easy. I used to run a group under me that we managed nuclear power plant thermography, vibration, and oil analysts. They actually were at conferences with the oil experts from Shell and Mobil who design and test oil. Synthetic oil is difficult to breakdown it鈥檚 lubrication properties. It is usually moisture or dirt that is the enemy.

Registered
Tremec actually suggests using Amsoil for the trans. I drained the trans fluid into a clear container and replaced exactly what I removed which filled to the bottom of the fill hole. I also did the engine and differential with Amsoil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts