1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
that looks nice - I live in SoCal, what "level" of tint is that ?
I am interested in getting it done as well, since the dark interior really like to retain the heat
Thanks !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NixGT350- The tint is 20%. Nice during the height of the day. Looks even better in overcast conditions. Visibility is good looking out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Appears dark for 20%, or is my interpretation of percentages backwards? The higher the percentage the darker the tint, is this correct? I too have the same color (but with stripes) and am pursuing tinting at home in Virginia. Considering the dark interior, I really do not want my tint too dark, or illegal.

Are you happy with the level of tinting you chose? If not, what would you change? Also, my local vendor uses Llamar tinting, what was used on your Shelby?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Appears dark for 20%, or is my interpretation of percentages backwards? The higher the percentage the darker the tint, is this correct? I too have the same color (but with stripes) and am pursuing tinting at home in Virginia. Considering the dark interior, I really do not want my tint too dark, or illegal.
For tint, the percentage is the amount of light transmitted through the film. A 20% tint only transmits 20% of the light through, and will likely be too dark to be legal. It will be nigh unusable at night.

I got an 80% tint, transmitting 80% of visible light (and blocking UV). It's as close to stock as possible, but keeps the inside of the car much cooler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Each state is different with their tint laws and definitions.

I usually get darker rear window tint as well as the rear side glass and keep the door glass at whatever the max legal limit is. Works here in WV but you have to be sure the factory glass tint is accounted for. Otherwise if you put legal tint over the factory tinted glass, it will be over the legal limit. Ask me how I know. :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Window Tint

Yes, I’m very happy with the 20%. Tailing headlights are no longer blinding in the rear and side view mirrors. The car is noticeably cooler than before. We used 35 in the rear and 20 on the sides. My tint guy said the 20 lets 80% of the natural light through. He used ceramic film tint made by 3M. When the sun is out, you can clearly see inside the car. When there is cloud cover, the windows appear much darker. Which I really like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So sexy man. Got a 2017 myself. I also got a non-stripped metallic grey. It's an amazing sleeper car color as well. Nobody knows what kind of snake it is, til they get bit! :)

I passed on tinting. I like to track and visibility is everything to me. But, I will say, it looks great with that color scheme, so now you're giving me second thoughts. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So sexy man. Got a 2017 myself. I also got a non-stripped metallic grey. It's an amazing sleeper car color as well. Nobody knows what kind of snake it is, til they get bit! :)

I passed on tinting. I like to track and visibility is everything to me. But, I will say, it looks great with that color scheme, so now you're giving me second thoughts. :p
Alright! another no stripe Mag Met Grey driver. Cool. With the Florida sun, I'd consider tinting just for the reduced UV ray exposure alone. Remember there are lighter shades of tint available.......

·
Registered
139 Posts
With ceramic tint, you can actually use a clear version that will reduce as much heat as traditional tint. Can be used on windshields. Darker versions reduce even more heat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts