Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what folks have actually been able to do against the reported 4.1 0-60 time and what setup you use...

I am new to the car and don't want to 1) destroy my tires yet ha and 2) been going easier since it needs an oil change soon, so haven't done Line Lock to warm up tires and still haven't totally figured out Lanch Control, but I think my time is around a dismal 5.5 seconds to date...

What have you done and how do you get there?

Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
Never actually timed it. Too busy leaving others in my dust trail, and looking out for the PO PO. ;)

Registered
I have a similar philosophy to Postal B. The VooDoo power comes on above 4K RPM. I suspect I would have to seriously abuse the clutch to get a decent launch.

I did my first and only drag race at the SAAC-46 convention in Sonoma back in July/Aug. My car is bone stock except running Michelin PSS. At the start, I tried to quickly and smoothly get the clutch engaged and then nailed the throttle. My reaction times were terrible and every opponent got the lead at the start, but I ran each one down before the end. Even though my launches and E.T. were more than a second slower than published specs I've seen, I was surprised to see my terminal speed to be right in the ballpark.

Here's my last and fastest drag race time slip.
Line Font Parallel Circle Number

The next day, we ran the Sonoma track day. Track duty is the reason I bought the car. THAT'S where it is in it's element.

Registered
If you're concerned about a 0-60, you may have purchased the wrong car. Coming from a cammed '12 camaro, that is where the hard dig to 60 comes from. The GT350 doesn't hold a candle to the low end torque I used to have. However, the camaro drove like a tank, and going around turns you felt the weight and lack of coordination in the suspension. The GT350 takes turns like a champ and the 3k-4k range is where the fun is at. It will just keep pulling and pulling. Just depends what you want from it.

I have a '14 Raptor that I love, its my dream truck, but I want to upgrade to a '22 raptor. I was going to trade the GT350 for it, but after taking it out a couple more times, its just such a good car, the '14 Raptor is the one going out the door.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're concerned about a 0-60, you may have purchased the wrong car. Coming from a cammed '12 camaro, that is where the hard dig to 60 comes from. The GT350 doesn't hold a candle to the low end torque I used to have. However, the camaro drove like a tank, and going around turns you felt the weight and lack of coordination in the suspension. The GT350 takes turns like a champ and the 3k-4k range is where the fun is at. It will just keep pulling and pulling. Just depends what you want from it.

I have a '14 Raptor that I love, its my dream truck, but I want to upgrade to a '22 raptor. I was going to trade the GT350 for it, but after taking it out a couple more times, its just such a good car, the '14 Raptor is the one going out the door.
Not why I purchased the car... my question wasn't is it a killer 0-60, but how close have folks actually gotten to the published time.

It is a great car and I agree that its the 7-8k range where it really shines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts