Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in SoCal or in general planning to attend "Fabulous Fords Forever" event in Buena Park on April 15, 2018? Brad, we spoke briefly about this event on our last meeting.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I bump this thread again. Rob (16snake) and I are going to convoy to this event. Anyone else planning on going, we can coordinate to cruise together.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just thought I bump this thread again. Rob (16snake) and I are going to convoy to this event. Anyone else planning on going, we can coordinate to cruise together.
Lou/Rob, count me in. Since you will be taking the SB 5 let's meet on the Hollywood Way (Burbank Airport Exit). At the bottom of the Exit you will see a Shell station (across the street) let's meet in their lot as it's right next to the 5 on ramp. Let me know if that works for you guys. I believe that Chris (green GT who went with us to the meet in Woodland Hills) may want to go so I'll coordinate with him. Also, I'll ping Rob from Westlake Village.

Should be fun and thanks for getting this together!!

Guys, I just pinged Rob-wl to see if he wants to join us as well. Also, Chris (Guard Metallic GT who joined us in Woodland Hills) may want to go.

COUPLE OF EVENT NOTES:

1) We're going as spectators, so no need to register and it's free.
2) We'll be using paid parking so as to keep our rides safe ;)
3) Event starts at 10:00AM (Google "2018 Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm" as I can't seem to get link to copy right).
4) We'll meet enroute and convoy down together. Preliminary meeting location is Shell Station off of Hollywood Way Exit (Burbank Airport) but that may change if others are joining us.
5) Lou/Rob/Jack, say meet at 8:30AM so we get there at tad early to secure parking? Let me know...

Based on prior year's meet there are likely to be Ford bigwigs there and perhaps even some new product announcements (Bronco, GT500, Mach I, etc)...also bring your credit cards as Ford Performance should be there and will need to purchase the requisite, tee shirts, man cave posters, etc! Plus Rob's buying lunch...after all if you can afford TWO Ford Performance vehicles...:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lou/Rob, count me in. Since you will be taking the SB 5 let's meet on the Hollywood Way (Burbank Airport Exit). At the bottom of the Exit you will see a Shell station (across the street) let's meet in their lot as it's right next to the 5 on ramp. Let me know if that works for you guys. I believe that Chris (green GT who went with us to the meet in Woodland Hills) may want to go so I'll coordinate with him. Also, I'll ping Rob from Westlake Village.

Should be fun and thanks for getting this together!!
Brad, that sounds like a good location to meet. We are going to pick Jack in Canyon Country and will meet you guys there.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Brad, that sounds like a good location to meet. We are going to pick Jack in Canyon Country and will meet you guys there.
Wow, no moss grows under your feet :)

Great, will be good to see Jack again as well...wasn't sure if he was going to make it or not. 8:30AM work OK for meet time?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excited guys! YES I'm in!

I'm OK with any meet time, 0830 is perfect, 17snake can ping me though and coordinate closer if things run early/late/etc.

Last year I picked up quite a bit of shelby swag (shirt, hoodie, etc), but that was before I bought the shelby. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you will be taking the SB 5 let's meet on the Hollywood Way (Burbank Airport Exit). At the bottom of the Exit you will see a Shell station (across the street) let's meet in their lot as it's right next to the 5 on ramp.
Hey Brad, I've been to that gas station (a lot, I use to work at the Yahoo building that use to be next to bob hope). I forget, but that driveway/entryway isn't too steep is it?

Just checking :)

Cheers

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Brad, I've been to that gas station (a lot, I use to work at the Yahoo building that use to be next to bob hope). I forget, but that driveway/entryway isn't too steep is it?

Cheers
Lol, I hear your concerns;) If we are going to meet Brad at 0830, let's meet at that Starbucks around 0745? That will give us time to get a cup and head down to meet Brad. Since you know that building Jack, you can lead me and 16Snake down there. If that ramp is steep, well, hopefully Brad will let us know if his front spoiler is on the ground :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, no moss grows under your feet :)

Great, will be good to see Jack again as well...wasn't sure if he was going to make it or not. 8:30AM work OK for meet time?
0830 sounds good, and yes, let's arrive early and secure parking spots next to each other.

·
Registered
757 Posts

Cheers
Jack, it's been awhile, but I think we'll be fine - see you there!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Lol, I hear your concerns;) If we are going to meet Brad at 0830, let's meet at that Starbucks around 0745? That will give us time to get a cup and head down to meet Brad. Since you know that building Jack, you can lead me and 16Snake down there. If that ramp is steep, well, hopefully Brad will let us know if his front spoiler is on the ground :)
LOL, I'll wave you off if any trouble!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I’d love to make this event, but have legal business back in NorCal the very next day.

Sorry, no road trip this time. :(

·
Registered
757 Posts
I’d love to make this event, but have legal business back in NorCal the very next day.

Sorry, no road trip this time. :(
I hear you JT, please keep us updated about the Tahoe trip...that might be doable!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Gentlemen, quite the eventful and fun day!! Was great being in Shelby Heaven surrounded by Shelby's from every year and in every color imaginable...think TOTAL SHELBY IMMERSION. Unfortunately I was on low batt all day but did manage to snap a few pics I'll post up in a bit (phone is charging). Was great getting to know you guys better and I'm looking forward to our next meet at Harley's Rock Inn. I'll start a separate thread for that but start checking your calendars...

Couple of highlights today for me were checking out the custom Raptors (and great to see Lou warming up to the Raptor and even going as far a saying his wife's next ride may be a Raptor??). Also the new 2019 Ranger was there at the Ford exhibit as well as the 2019 Bullitt...both looked pretty amazing. Rob and I spent a few minutes checking out the fleet of Edsels that were there...talk about another time and era! All in all a great outing and (to be honest) buzzing down to Knott's Berry Farm in "Shelby Formation" was half the fun...best 1/2 tank of gas I've ever used ;) Guaranteed my mileage wasn't too great as I just can't have it "going quiet" in 6th :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
On another note, I spent some time at a certain Exhibiter's booth (don't want to mention name) talking about the upcoming GT500. The word was that the GT350 and GT500 will have some "overlap", which sounded to me like the GT350 will be a 2019 model as well as the GT500..time will tell. Also, was assured the GT500 will still be track (and strip) focused and will have capabilities not present in the GT350 (besides just more HP)...again time will tell ;) Lot's of exciting product in the pipeline coming from Ford and I am excited the S550 will live on for a few more years! Being a 9 Mustang owner over the years, the current platform is so much improved over the previous versions, it doesn't need to be replaced anytime soon and just think of the exciting variants that we could see with this platform. So far with this platform we have the usual Mustang line up, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, how about a new Mach I, II, or III or a new Cobra Jet or Boss 3XX version...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Gentlemen, quite the eventful and fun day!! Was great being in Shelby Heaven surrounded by Shelby's from every year and in every color imaginable...think TOTAL SHELBY IMMERSION. Unfortunately I was on low batt all day but did manage to snap a few pics I'll post up in a bit (phone is charging). Was great getting to know you guys better and I'm looking forward to our next meet at Harley's Rock Inn. I'll start a separate thread for that but start checking your calendars...

Couple of highlights today for me were checking out the custom Raptors (and great to see Lou warming up to the Raptor and even going as far a saying his wife's next ride may be a Raptor??). Also the new 2019 Ranger was there at the Ford exhibit as well as the 2019 Bullitt...both looked pretty amazing. Rob and I spent a few minutes checking out the fleet of Edsels that were there...talk about another time and era! All in all a great outing and (to be honest) buzzing down to Knott's Berry Farm in "Shelby Formation" was half the fun...best 1/2 tank of gas I've ever used ;) Guaranteed my mileage wasn't too great as I just can't have it "going quiet" in 6th :)
Hey guys - so sorry I missed this outing. Sounds like it was a great trip (please post some pics). I really hope to catch up with you all during the next trip.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On another note, I spent some time at a certain Exhibiter's booth (don't want to mention name) talking about the upcoming GT500. The word was that the GT350 and GT500 will have some "overlap", which sounded to me like the GT350 will be a 2019 model as well as the GT500..time will tell. Also, was assured the GT500 will still be track (and strip) focused and will have capabilities not present in the GT350 (besides just more HP)...again time will tell ;) Lot's of exciting product in the pipeline coming from Ford and I am excited the S550 will live on for a few more years! Being a 9 Mustang owner over the years, the current platform is so much improved over the previous versions, it doesn't need to be replaced anytime soon and just think of the exciting variants that we could see with this platform. So far with this platform we have the usual Mustang line up, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, how about a new Mach I, II, or III or a new Cobra Jet or Boss 3XX version...
It was a great show yesterday and you hit it right on the spot. The drive "formation" with our Shelbys was awesome and should be done more often. That was more fun than the show itself, although I do love the abundant 350/R(s) on display. There were about 30 Shelbys in the show, not including the ones in the parking lot from spectators. The S550 Platform is amazing and I love the sleek/aesthetic looks of it. There's an old saying, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" and it's not broken so don't fix it. Now for the Overpriced RAPTORS, yes, I know it's a surprise Brad, :). Why the F*** is there an ADM for these vehicles? I should really piss them off by offering 20K OTD for a brand new one... think that will fly?

·
Registered
757 Posts
It was a great show yesterday and you hit it right on the spot. The drive "formation" with our Shelbys was awesome and should be done more often. That was more fun than the show itself, although I do love the abundant 350/R(s) on display. There were about 30 Shelbys in the show, not including the ones in the parking lot from spectators. The S550 Platform is amazing and I love the sleek/aesthetic looks of it. There's an old saying, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" and it's not broken so don't fix it. Now for the Overpriced RAPTORS, yes, I know it's a surprise Brad, :). Why the F*** is there an ADM for these vehicles? I should really piss them off by offering 20K OTD for a brand new one... think that will fly?
LOL Lou, be nice now, you're going to hurt Rob's (and my feelings) ;) I know there will be a Raptor in your drive soon :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts