Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ran the extreme contacts on their car yet? I had the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and only got 15K out of them before they reached 2/32s. The extreme contact on my other car got me 35K at 2/32s. Just looking to hear some feedback.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have them and love them. I have the newer Sport and not the DSW. Honestly, I like them better than the PSS’s. I will caveat that with this just in the interest of full disclosure...I installed mine in R sizes at the same time as my vibe wheels. What does this mean? A good chuck of reduced weight and a slightly shorter diameter which in effect, lowers your gear ratio. This a huge improvement in performance all around. With no alignment and no other changes, these tires COMPLETLEY eliminated tramlining. Traction is every bit on par with the Pilots and comfort is superior. I don’t know the comparison when pushed to the limits, but IMO, if you’re pushing this Tire to the limits on the street, you’re an idiot anyways. But it’s way beyond confidence inspiring on the roads I venture down. They look amazing too (I need to get some descent pics). Can’t comment on track performance.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know the that traction and performance is on par along with the extreme contact. Same, I want to enjoy it as a daily but it should handle just as well on the track.

So are you running custom wheels? I'd be curious to know the fitment on stock wheels and sizing to go by.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I look up your tire (Continental Extreme Contact) and it does not list available tire for our car, the Pilot Super Sport is the only recommended tire. Why is that?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Honestly, I don’t even know if they’re available in 295/305 35’s. I never checked for those sizes. If you’ll note, I stated I have R sizes. I have Vibe R replica wheels. They are spot-on R specs (19X11 & 11.5 for anyone unfamiliar).

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have them and love them. I have the newer Sport and not the DSW. Honestly, I like them better than the PSS’s. I will caveat that with this just in the interest of full disclosure...I installed mine in R sizes at the same time as my vibe wheels. What does this mean? A good chuck of reduced weight and a slightly shorter diameter which in effect, lowers your gear ratio. This a huge improvement in performance all around. With no alignment and no other changes, these tires COMPLETLEY eliminated tramlining. Traction is every bit on par with the Pilots and comfort is superior. I don’t know the comparison when pushed to the limits, but IMO, if you’re pushing this Tire to the limits on the street, you’re an idiot anyways. But it’s way beyond confidence inspiring on the roads I venture down. They look amazing too (I need to get some descent pics). Can’t comment on track performance.
Yes, pictures please. ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts