Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer is offering me a new extended warranty program offer directly from Ford for the GT350:
7 yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible. This extends the original warranty to 4 more years/64k more miles. Total price...$2,850 and it's transferable.

Picking up the GT350 tomorrow and need to make a decision...

Any thoughts? Would like your opinions

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you plan on not modifying the vehicle the by all means go with extended warranty. If decide to track race the car, pull the plates, toss a piece of cardboard over the vin and have fun.
BTW they consider racing in competition with other vehicles. You can make all the time passes you want. So if they ask about launch control or line lock being used, you were making timed passes for your own review.
I think if you leave the vehicle alone, that warranty will pay off for sure!

·
Registered
23 Posts
when my son bought his 15' mustang gt, the dealer was able to do a custom factory warranty for 6yrs 60,000, when they were told the 7yr/100,000 was to much, considering the low mileage he drives.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I ended up getting the extended warranty, for the following reasons:

1) This is a new designed vehicle with new engine, new suspension, some new electronics, etc. AND who knows how they'll function after 3 years.
2) Transferable at any time if I sell the vehicle during the next 7 years. Should be easier to sell with an extended warranty.
3) According to the dealer, it can be cancelled at any time and be refunded at the pro rated amount.

I think it is worth it just for #1 & 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with your thought process, new highly engineered car with expensive parts replacement cost, will probably do same warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a note, I added an extended warranty for my 2012 GT500 last year. You can get them much cheaper from third-party vendors than you can from the dealer. I paid around $800 for mine purchased through Ford Extended Warranty, Ford ESP, Premium Care & Maintenance Plans. Once you purchase it you can verify it by going to your dealer and asking for an Oasis report. It'll show the presence of the extended warranty on the report.

I bought mine for the exact same reasons: if it failed and it was expensive I wanted it to be someone else's checkbook paying to fix it. Note that I have modified my car, but not the drivetrain. If you're thinking of tuning your car or making other engine changes I'd be more hesitant of purchasing an extended warranty.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I ended up getting the extended warranty, for the following reasons:

1) This is a new designed vehicle with new engine, new suspension, some new electronics, etc. AND who knows how they'll function after 3 years.
2) Transferable at any time if I sell the vehicle during the next 7 years. Should be easier to sell with an extended warranty.
3) According to the dealer, it can be cancelled at any time and be refunded at the pro rated amount.

I think it is worth it just for #1 & 2
Another reason to purchase an extended warranty - check out rodneytxps thread at http://www.gt350.org/forum/15-mustang-gt350-builds/112-new-build.html.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been offered bumper to bumper warranty extending the three years to seven; so I would have a seven year 60000 mile warranty; 4500 miles per year for $1000. Pretty hard to beat.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have been offered bumper to bumper warranty extending the three years to seven; so I would have a seven year 60000 mile warranty; 4500 miles per year for $1000. Pretty hard to beat.
Foxx, is this the Ford extended warranty?

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I originally purchased my GT350 from the dealer, I purchased an extended warranty. About 2 days afterwards, the dealers GM called me to say Ford didn't offer a factory extended warranty on the GT350. The GM had the original salesperson drive 100 miles to my office for me to sign a new contract that didn't include the warranty package (with corresponding credit). Did I get bamboozled?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was told same thing by dealer. Finance guy said they did not offer extended warranty on GT500 or raptors either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FYI regardless wheather available for the GT350 or not....for someone else considering an extended warranty (in general), dont have to get it right away, you can wait. you will receive solicitations for extension about 2.5 years (or 30K miles if the dealer's service dept. is keeping records) into your standard warranty. By the way ...follow the motor break-in directions. Good luck!:cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I originally purchased my GT350 from the dealer, I purchased an extended warranty. About 2 days afterwards, the dealers GM called me to say Ford didn't offer a factory extended warranty on the GT350. The GM had the original salesperson drive 100 miles to my office for me to sign a new contract that didn't include the warranty package (with corresponding credit). Did I get bamboozled?
My dealer offered extended warranty, don't know if it was a Ford product or third party. Declined for the time being. Since then, I have received several solicitations for extended warranty from third party.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer offered extended warranty, don't know if it was a Ford product or third party. Declined for the time being. Since then, I have received several solicitations for extended warranty from third party.
Thank you for the update. I figure I'll start receiving solicitations in the mail as soon as the factory warranty is about to expire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you for the update. I figure I'll start receiving solicitations in the mail as soon as the factory warranty is about to expire.
LOL . I started getting them 1 month after purchase saying "your warranty is about to or has expired". Amazing crap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I bought my GT, the dealer offered that if I did not need to used my extended warranty, after 5 years I could get back what I paid for it. I had them make and sign a contract, 5 years later I went back and collected.
You may be able to negotiate something like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, and there are other equally reasonably priced warranties.There is a way to code it to get the warranty that my guy knows about. I spent a bit more and got a 7 year 48000 mile warranty. Call 309 2632311, Mike Murphy Ford, ask for Todd Brekke and tel him you read Chris' post on this website and he will take care of you By the way, these are FORD warranties.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts