GT350.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current GT350 has a couple of design elements incorporating Shelby, the Cobra and GT350 badging, including an updated/stylized GT350 fender badging.

Beyond the reserved front fender badge, we wanted to add a touch more GT350 detail on the GT350 side views, but short of the full, retro GT350-type rocker panel stripes sold by aftermarket vendors.

Since we had white stripes on our Competition Orange (CY paint code), we went with coordinating white decals mounted on the rear/aft-most door/rocker position, just before the rear wheel wells.

On the driver's side, the door edge gap matched the letter spacing on the GT350 decals perfectly, on the passenger side, we maintained similar decal positioning but cut the letters to accommodate the door edge gap, the decal still looked good on that side too.

Driv Rear Quarter Decal lo.jpg Driv Side Full Decal lo.jpg Pax Front Quarter Decal.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice! I was thinking of add Letters Spelling "Shelby" maybe in a black chrome -with a space or two between each letter. They would be placed between the rear spoiler and edge of trunk as displayed I'm your first picture. Guessing I am not the first person to think of this - wonder if anyone makes these?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agreed. Not liking it. I don't like seeing redundant nomenclature (GT350 decals/badging) in same plane of view. I leave it as is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The input + & - is welcome. As with any experiment, there will be successes and not.

Yes, the larger decals are redundant to the small fender badge. Our read is the small badge is nice, but hard to see on certain color combinations and from a distance.

A black die-cut logo might look good on other body colors esp. ones with black stripes. Others have also considered the later S h e l b y style trunk lip lettering, which is another option.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hmmm, my thought would be to move the GT350 to the front edge of each door (would look more uniform IMO) and make it a full rocker stripe. Then I'd outline the entire rocker stripe (just like the factory OTT Stripe) in black...that would look like it came from the factory. FWIW, I just removed my OTT white stripes and am considering adding the rocker stripe (I'd order solid black) to go with the black wheels and other black bits on my Lightning Blue 2017...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GT_Dave - Looks fine. Assume you have black over-the-top stripes. Like the Orange of course. See you went with some retro rear window louvers...

More subtle, less duplication. This is almost too much for me, but an experiment on my part.

·
Registered
179 Posts
GT_Dave - Looks fine. Assume you have black over-the-top stripes. Like the Orange of course. See you went with some retro rear window louvers...
Only a hood stripe . . .but it's custom. Still trying to decide if I want to continue down the front like a GT350 is thought to be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts