Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering if it was a Ford Performance exhaust. Tre reason I was asking is because some places sell a Ford Performance exhaust for a upgrade for our cars. I was just wondering if it was the same.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think I have heard something along the lines of doing resonator deletes, but that's all I know of.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there is an aftermarket exhaust for GT350's. But I'm not sure if it is produce/sold by Ford Performance. I know that in the door jams on my 2017, there is a Ford Performance badge, but I don't know if that translates to saying this car has the Ford Performance parts (exhaust in your case) your speaking of.

Is there a particular website you are seeing advertised? That might be able to help. Or maybe someone with some more knowledge of the subject can chime in.

EDIT: After a few minutes of google searching, the only thing I could find was this:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-MSS

This is just a replacement of the stock exhaust system that comes with the vehicle. There are also other entries on the Ford Performance Exhaust system in the catalog, but they are all upgrades for the 5.0 engines and lower to get the GT350 active exhaust functionality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One website is lmr.com. I am also wondering because some people have videos on YouTube installing this exhaust on a GT350. My thoughts is if this is a Ford Performance mustang that should in my brain already have this exhaust, why are people replacing it. I will have to look to see if I can see any badging on the mufflers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, our exhausts are not the one sold by Ford Performance. The FP system is designed by David Borla, and uses 2.75" tubing all the way through (the stock system necks down at the resonator inlet and inside the muffler, per Borla), and has a different (superior) X-pipe than the stock system.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So let’s trade some good Headers for different good headers? The only exhaust change which may seem reasonable is the resonator delete (like an R). But tell me why we should waste the money on this Mod when an extra set of tires for track day would be worth more to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is the Ford Performance one considered a upgrade?
Yes. It flows better than stock, and by all accounts, has that nice R sound without waking the dead like the ATAK.

Currently saving my pennies ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Why would anyone wants to replace this stock system? I see a few YouTube videos out there with people changing their exhaust and thought they did an upgrade and I thought it sounded worse. Heck, I haven't even turned on my stereo system once yet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Why would anyone wants to replace this stock system?
Because people enjoy spending money on, and working on their cars, that’s why! The stock system is very good, yes. But some of the aftermarket systems are better. Even if only slightly. I did mine for as much the enjoyment of modding my car as I did the pursuit of something better. Having said that, the ATAK is better than stock. But, it’s exhaust so the sound and be value are subjective. But this at least answers your question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts