Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, new to this forum but longtime Shelby fan. Anyways, I'm looking to buy a Voodoo GT350 and have been reading through this forum to learn as much as possible before pulling the trigger. One of the items I've seen multiple threads about are people having issues with engines and them being replaced by a Ford dealer under warranty, however, has anyone had an engine replaced without a warranty? I realize it's stupid expensive for one of these engines new, but just wondering if it's possible. if I pickup a car without a warrant and the engine fails I'd like to know I can obtain the pieces to rebuild/replace the engine.

I also realize Ford ESP warranties are available but just wondering if there are options without a warranty.

Thanks!
Brent

· Registered
2 Posts
I haven't but I've often wondered this myself. I would likely look at aftermarket options since the short blocks from Ford are so expensive. If the internet is any indication, I'd likely reach out to RPG and evaluate my options to rebuild/replace your failed engine. I'm interested to hear opinions from others who may have gone through this.

· Super Moderator
80 Posts
engines are available from Ford. You will pay lots. If you buy a 2016-2019 that still has the original motor and you are concerned, spend the $1K and get a Ford ESP and that will give you some Peace-of-mind.

· Registered
27 Posts
I’m not sure if Ford will certify earlier models. I attempted to apply for it online and it told me it wasn’t eligible. I could be wrong tho as I never called and spoke with anyone

· Super Moderator
80 Posts
That dealership allows me to apply. However it’s Connecticut, I’m in north Jersey and I can’t find a dealer near me. Fords website doesn’t allow me select 2016 GT350. It stops at 2018.
Doesn’t matter where you are located. Any dealer can sell you an ESP. I bought one for my Acura from a dealer in NH and I live in CA. They all will compete for your business. Get a few quotes and work them like you are buying a car…:)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea believe a Ford Extended Service Plan (Warranty) can only be purchased online through various dealers only if the vehicle's original purchase date is less than 41-months old and mileage is under 41k miles, which means 2018MY is the earliest; if you're over that mileage/months, then my understanding is there are Ford used vehicle ESPs, but they cost more and require an inspection.

· Registered
2016 Shelby GT 350
44 Posts
Hi All, new to this forum but longtime Shelby fan. Anyways, I'm looking to buy a Voodoo GT350 and have been reading through this forum to learn as much as possible before pulling the trigger. One of the items I've seen multiple threads about are people having issues with engines and them being replaced by a Ford dealer under warranty, however, has anyone had an engine replaced without a warranty? I realize it's stupid expensive for one of these engines new, but just wondering if it's possible. if I pickup a car without a warrant and the engine fails I'd like to know I can obtain the pieces to rebuild/replace the engine.

I also realize Ford ESP warranties are available but just wondering if there are options without a warranty.

Thanks!
Brent
I just blew my engine on my 2016 GT 350
No warranty

Just had a Ram dual disk clutch and aluminum flywheel update rated at 700 hp
Will reuse this only about 100 miles on it

Only parts from blown motor using are
1 crankshaft
2 all 4 cams
3 both heads

New parts are:

Gen 2 block
Manley connecting rods
Mahle pistons
Bearings upper and lower
Clevite plasma - molly rings
MMR Billet oil pump gears
ARP rod, head, and cam cap bolts
Timing chains, tensioners, guides
Coil packs and NKG plugs
Procharger supercharger kit
All necessary gaskets and seals

6lbs boost is 700 hp
8lbs boost is 850 hp

Parts and labor guaranteed $24,031.10

Should have a screamer in about 8 weeks!

· Registered
49 Posts
My 2019 model just hit 3 years since I bought it.

Ford wanted to sell me an extended warranty and it was too expensive for just non powertrain components.

Why? Power train is 6 year, 50,000 miles. I don't track my car, broke it in carefully and I am only putting 5k miles on it a year in a climate that gets snow and uses salt on the road.

Unless you driving it hard, don't worry about an engine warranty. My original job out of college was working as a mechical engineer. If you have an engine last 48,000 miles and not be using oil or making noise, you are way past infant mortality of an engine failure. Track it, roll the dice.

· Registered
2016 Shelby GT 350
44 Posts
My 2019 model just hit 3 years since I bought it.

Ford wanted to sell me an extended warranty and it was too expensive for just non powertrain components.

Why? Power train is 6 year, 50,000 miles. I don't track my car, broke it in carefully and I am only putting 5k miles on it a year in a climate that gets snow and uses salt on the road.

Unless you driving it hard, don't worry about an engine warranty. My original job out of college was working as a mechical engineer. If you have an engine last 48,000 miles and not be using oil or making noise, you are way past infant mortality of an engine failure. Track it, roll the dice.
I use mine as a daily driver - however I redline it 8250 rpm A LOT!

· Registered
14 Posts
I’m not sure if Ford will certify earlier models. I attempted to apply for it online and it told me it wasn’t eligible. I could be wrong tho as I never called and spoke with anyone
Lombard Ford will provide a warranty for any Ford vehicle including the gt350 that’s out of warranty. They sent an inspector to my home to check out my gt350 and I also took him on a test drive. They’ll provide a Ford ESP warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts