GT350.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the "Beast" for 2 days at Daytona last week... what a blast. The car ran flawlessly. I ran 8 - 30 min sessions over the 2 days. Didn't use a drop of oil, handled pretty well on the infield for a stock setup, but what power!!! Super top end. Here is an early session where I was still getting a feel for the car and learning the track. Enjoy.
[video=youtube_share;PoIlJ8ieavg]https://youtu.be/PoIlJ8ieavg[/video]

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ran the "Beast" for 2 days at Daytona last week... what a blast. The car ran flawlessly. I ran 8 - 30 min sessions over the 2 days. Didn't use a drop of oil, handled pretty well on the infield for a stock setup, but what power!!! Super top end. Here is an early session where I was still getting a feel for the car and learning the track. Enjoy.
What a rush. Thanks for the posting. I have my first track day here in NorCal on the 28th. So looking forward to it. Bought a new GoPro for the occasion. I will post too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure looks fun! What was your top speed at Daytona?
Pretty busy at top speed to look as you enter a braking zone, but I saw 155 to 157 the couple of times I tried to sneak a peek. Could have been a little more. It had more motor left.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can understand. I've driven the Petty School at Charlotte and when asked my rpm, I couldn't answer because I was too busy looking straight ahead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does one get track time with your own car. Please provide the needed steps to apply, register, train, pass test, what ever, looks like a blast, oh, and the costs involved. thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pretty busy at top speed to look as you enter a braking zone, but I saw 155 to 157 the couple of times I tried to sneak a peek. Could have been a little more. It had more motor left.
I was reading my Owner supplement and there is a way to record track times deep in the menus. Did you try this? I am going to work on figuring this out this weekend in preparation for my track day next week. Got my GoPro mounted, tested great. The image stabilization works great on the bumpy mountain roads around my house, the image stays steady and clear. I don’t think the track I’m going to (Thunderhill in Nor Cal) will be quite a thrilling as your Daytona ride (jealous...), but it’s a great road course and matches the experience I’m getting cruising the Sierra foothills.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts