GT350.org banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
That looks like the vid from Auto Fanatics...he's got some great vids for our rides!! Of note, next change I'm definitely going to remove the driver's front wheel for better access to the filter canister...was a pain last time and made a mess!!
I did my first change with the wheel off, had them all off actually because I was changing out the center caps. It didn't seem to make a lot of difference for access to the filter canister. I did cut up a new funnel to use as a drain as Auto Fanatic suggested and it kept most of the oil going where I wanted it to go. Saw another vid with a guy using a bent piece of cardboard to direct the oil but it looked pretty messy so I went with the whacked up funnel instead.

Reactions: HotLap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just did my first change a couple weeks ago. It was no problem removing and reinstalling/torquing the filter with the tire on. I used a "form-a-funnel" to direct the oil. Spilled just a few drops but that was operator error from not positioning it very well at first.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just did my first change a couple weeks ago. It was no problem removing and reinstalling/torquing the filter with the tire on. I used a "form-a-funnel" to direct the oil. Spilled just a few drops but that was operator error from not positioning it very well at first.
LOL, I feel your pain ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm so glad I slipped just into the sweet spot for this change. Bought my 2017 GT350 in August of last year. So glad I don't have the conventional spin filter. Also really really love that oil pan plug. This thing was easy pesy to change, even with the torque specs being required. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ford can only suggest but not tell you what oil to use under warranty. If you use a different oil just be sure to have a receipt from who ever does oil change and if yourself a receipt showing it was the proper weight and amount put in (10 quarts) in case you have any engine problems later on they can't try to blame it on the oil.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Just as info here in Canada I buy a kit from my local Ford dealer, 10 quarts, filter and new rain plug o-ring for $124.95 plus tax CDN.

My friends in America should be able to get it much less I would think.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just as info here in Canada I buy a kit from my local Ford dealer, 10 quarts, filter and new rain plug o-ring for $124.95 plus tax CDN.

My friends in America should be able to get it much less I would think.
When I first looked it up the cheapest I saw was $140 US - my dealer charged me $105 for the service, so done deal. I have seen the kit on line recently for $90. And for $15 I’ll still let the dealer do it. I do oil changes for 4 other cars and 4 motorcycles, and getting rid of filters and used oil is possible, but a nuisance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody have issues with the plastic drain plug being wet after a change? Should these plugs be changed out every oil change? I wouldn't think so, but wondering if any of you experienced this after an oil change. Thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts