Mustang GT350 Forums banner

DIY Oil Change Procedure

23K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  RJY 
Anyone have the torque specs for the 2017 <later model> canister type. I'm going to change my own oil very soon. Lou you out there, I think you did your own as well?

Great guide. There are several YouTube videos on changing the oil in the GT350. The best I've seen is at [video=youtube;wltbLPK8nUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wltbLPK8nUU[/video]. Take care to get the right filter for your model year.

Question: Does anyone have a recommendation for a lift or ramp set?
That looks like the vid from Auto Fanatics...he's got some great vids for our rides!! Of note, next change I'm definitely going to remove the driver's front wheel for better access to the filter canister...was a pain last time and made a mess!!

Just did my first change a couple weeks ago. It was no problem removing and reinstalling/torquing the filter with the tire on. I used a "form-a-funnel" to direct the oil. Spilled just a few drops but that was operator error from not positioning it very well at first.
LOL, I feel your pain ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.