Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, unfortunate first post for a new member...I bought my 2017 GT350 just 3 months ago. Purchased with about 6k miles. Car is an absolute blast to drive (as you all know). Well, a couple of weeks ago I'm driving down the highway and start to hear a ticking sound (rocker arm/valve type sound), in the few seconds it took to roll the windows up and slow down a little to be able to hear the sound better, oil pressure goes to zero, engine shuts off, and I'm stuck on the side of the highway. Tried to turn it over once more and it did not even make a full revolution, seemed like a timing issue to me. Get it towed to the Ford dealer. They've had it 2 weeks and doesn't seem like they've even looked at it, and told me it will be at least two months, to expect the car to bill there at least through November/December because of their workload (and I guess there's not too many mechanics certified to work on this level of issue).

This very well may just the the norm at all dealers, but I think it's worth checking around. Any members in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have dealer they've worked with in the past that they would recommend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I take mine to Grand Prairie Ford for all service. If you would like a contact let me know.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
43 Posts
Well, unfortunate first post for a new member...I bought my 2017 GT350 just 3 months ago. Purchased with about 6k miles. Car is an absolute blast to drive (as you all know). Well, a couple of weeks ago I'm driving down the highway and start to hear a ticking sound (rocker arm/valve type sound), in the few seconds it took to roll the windows up and slow down a little to be able to hear the sound better, oil pressure goes to zero, engine shuts off, and I'm stuck on the side of the highway. Tried to turn it over once more and it did not even make a full revolution, seemed like a timing issue to me. Get it towed to the Ford dealer. They've had it 2 weeks and doesn't seem like they've even looked at it, and told me it will be at least two months, to expect the car to bill there at least through November/December because of their workload (and I guess there's not too many mechanics certified to work on this level of issue).

This very well may just the the norm at all dealers, but I think it's worth checking around. Any members in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have dealer they've worked with in the past that they would recommend?
What dealer has it now?

D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts