GT350.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, new here.
i'm thinking about picking up the corsa double helix x-pipe with resonator delete but had a couple questions for people who have it..

is it still quiet inside the car when valves are closed? do you notice any drone? i appreciate any information you can give

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey everyone, new here.
i'm thinking about picking up the corsa double helix x-pipe with resonator delete but had a couple questions for people who have it..

is it still quiet inside the car when valves are closed? do you notice any drone? i appreciate any information you can give
I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer, but I don't understand why folks buy the x-pipes. I mean that sincerely, not as an indictment of any sort. Is there something better about these x-pipes than the factory x-pipe on the car? I simply went to my local performance exhaust shop and had them cut out the resonators and weld replacement pipe in their place. I didn't replace the factory x-pipe. Twenty minutes and $88 later I was done. It is still quiet inside when the valves are closed and there is no drone whatsoever. When I was looking into whether or not to remove my resonators, every response from those who had done it was, "If you're considering doing it, DO IT!!" I echo that sentiment in strongest terms.

The car was loud enough immediately after I did it that I wondered if I had done the right thing as I was leaving the shop. That lasted about 12.7 seconds. Minus those dozen seconds, I haven't doubted the decision one bit.

Hope this helped. And if there's more to this x-pipe thing that I'm missing, I'd appreciate whatever info/advice anyone has to offer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also took mine to a muffler shop n cut the resonators, the car is quiet in normal but loud in sport mode but once Im in the highway and set the cruise control it gets quiet, no drone at all! I rater spend the money in suspension or oil separators or stuff like that..but thts just me

·
Registered
4 Posts
thinking about doing what you did, but don't want to regret not spending for and x pipe --wondering why it's ford's only option with delete

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont know if you are still thinking about this but I thought $600 for a x-pipe replacement was crazy and did what A LOT of people have done and paid a local muffler shop to just cut the resonators out and replace with straight pipe. Factor x-pipe is still in there and what a huge difference it made. 1st mod i did to the car and I am still kicking myself for waiting 4 months of ownership to do it. Save your $$ and just do it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same thing to my 2020 GT350 HEP, cut the resonators out and replace with straight pipes. Not sure it makes a difference, I had them use stainless steel pipes. The sound is something I crave every time I drive this car. My friend with a 2006 Ford GT says it’s the best sounding car he has ever heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts