Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been eyeing a 2017 shelby GT350 the past few months and I intend to go check one out this week. This one in particular does have some minor scuffs, AC vent missing (?), but otherwise looks like a decent deal. The car would come with the original wheels as well. Anything in particular I should look out for when I go and see this one or any GT350s in general? I plan to check the AC, drive and see if there are any odd noises, and maybe check the oil level. Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Absolutely check the oil but more importantly get a car fax on the car. If there was anything major the dealer should have to report it. I have talked with a few dealers looking into an extended warranty for my 2018 and have been told multiple times they have seen more 2017 with engine issues than other years but take that for what’s it’s worth…any car can have problems. Find out if the tires have been replaced because mine are going on 5 years from production and they don’t feel as sticky as new. Body alignment was an issue on my first one too especially the rear bumper and deck lid. Other than that just drive it and get a feel. Good luck it is a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since we're on the "internet" and we only have the ad to go by.... I'd keep looking.

1. Clearly tracked. I track mine, but if I were buying another I don't want one that's already been tracked.
2. 28k miles along with track use... 55k is too much. Prices are receding. Most have lower mileage.
3. It has scuffs, missing vent, and marring of the shift knob -- most of these cars are cared for at a higher level.
4. EVERY car has a story -- even the best of the best.

You asked what some of us thought - I think you should move on and shop till you drop. You WILL know the right one when you find it and won't need opinions from the internet.

Good luck. They are amazing machines and needed to be cared for as such.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
8 Posts
shayp101, I had a '16 and a '17, sold them both due to oil issues. Ask yourself why so many of these in all years are going up for sale. I personally know of many motor failures and several guys on their third motors. Great cars no doubt, but it's hit or miss on the motors. traded mine for a 2021 GT500 and never will look back. Just my .02 and I'm sure many owners will report no issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found mine used with 10k miles on it buried under snow in the back lot of a Carmax. I bought her on the spot and since Carmax gives you 30 days, I took mine to my Ford dealership and had her fully inspected and warranty is still intact. Best damn car I ever owned 😎

1 - 7 of 7 Posts