Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 allocation on order, and I just got into an accident in my current car that could've been prevented by a pre-collision system.

I'd love to hear that the 2019 gt350 comes with it, but haven't been able to verify if it's included or not.

I found this image about the standard 2019 GT that seems to indicate it's included, but on the "build your car" page for the gt350 I didn't see it specifically listed. Do the 2018s include it?

https://imgur.com/a/VwxvWJT

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 2019 allocation on order, and I just got into an accident in my current car that could've been prevented by a pre-collision system.
Hhhmmm...interesting. What are the details of the accident, if I may? Curious if the same accident could have been avoided by skill and/or attention. I once heard the term “raw” used to describe this car, and I love it. The less bells and whistles the better. Less weight (as mentioned), less complexity, less cost (to allow for other technology), etc. the more something can make this car feel old school and “Shelby” like, the better. You are looking at one of the more focused built cars available today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

no it will not be available and besides the reasons already mentioned here, there are some technical as well:

- On pre facelift models, collision warning V1 was available in connection with adaptive cruise control. This radar only based system was never available in the GT350 as
a) The dash warning lights were already used for the shift indicator
b) The arrangement of the GT350 steering buttons makes it impossible to integrate the distance choice buttons
c) I believe there was not enough space behind the bumper because of the larger/additional coolers

- The current 2018 2019 model has V2 onboard which combines the radar with a windshield mounted camera and requires a different windshield. This is not offered for the GT350 as well, so for all of these reasons you will not get it.

P.s On the regular Mustang this is also a 1000$ option and not standard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts