Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I was looking at christmas lights and i was in a line of traffic in a neighborhood. I got forced onto a pretty steep hill which in turn made me feather thr clutch for about 4 minutes. Started to smell awful and it just felt weird during shifts. Will my clutch be ok after this incident?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The clutch should be OK from that little bit, a few sessions on a track would abuse it more than you did.
Drive the car until your clutch chatters or starts slipping.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine got that burnt smell last year when trying to pull up on a flat bed to haul it. Shut the car off and let it cool then winched it up on flatbed. I was worried also. But a year later clutch seems still just fine, no problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This evening I was looking at christmas lights and i was in a line of traffic in a neighborhood. I got forced onto a pretty steep hill which in turn made me feather thr clutch for about 4 minutes. Started to smell awful and it just felt weird during shifts. Will my clutch be ok after this incident?
Clutch should be fine. She just got a little hot is all. It's no different than doing a hard launch with it or like someone else said; tracking it. Just a question; when you say you were feathering the clutch on a hill are you referring to trying to keep the car in place or are you talking about start-stop traffic? Our cars do have hill start assist to help with those situations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts