Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 gt350 with 20k on it , ive only owned the last 1500 miles so I don’t know the history but with the miles I imagine it was used mainly highways. I will not slip when leaving 1st or any of the gears really. But when the rpm’s Hit exactly 3500 until 4200 it’ll rev quick like its slipping ( or acts like it anyhow) and no it’s not loosing traction, it happens in every gear . In all my vehicles in the past and present with clutch’s usually it’s happens when you originally let the clutch out you’ll notice a slip or the clutch barely gripping. Now I did take the traction control off and I thought I noticed it was a bit different but it was definitely still there . Has anyone experienced this ? Is it something in the “duel clutch “setup?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never saw anyone reply to your post. I am seeing the same issue. I can smell clutch burning also if I try to do 0-60 pulls. I brought it to Ford and they ran some tests and everything came back negative. I took the tech for a ride and showed him. I'm convinced the clutch is slipping. They got Ford to approve replacing it. It's on back order. They said 30 days or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 gt350 with 20k on it , ive only owned the last 1500 miles so I don’t know the history but with the miles I imagine it was used mainly highways. I will not slip when leaving 1st or any of the gears really. But when the rpm’s Hit exactly 3500 until 4200 it’ll rev quick like its slipping ( or acts like it anyhow) and no it’s not loosing traction, it happens in every gear . In all my vehicles in the past and present with clutch’s usually it’s happens when you originally let the clutch out you’ll notice a slip or the clutch barely gripping. Now I did take the traction control off and I thought I noticed it was a bit different but it was definitely still there . Has anyone experienced this ? Is it something in the “duel clutch “setup?
Hey man, did anything end up fixing your problem? I’m having the same issue. It feels like there’s a slip in the driveline after I do some pulls on it. What fixed your issue??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts