Mustang GT350 Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
JoeC and SVT...

I also tried to swap GT leather/power seats into my GT350 and the airbag light is on. Has anyone found any more information about this?

Also, SVT, which of the two connectors you added was +12 and which was ground?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I crazy or did Ford mount the driver's seat too far right in recaro equipped cars? I think the steering wheel is not quite centered over the driver's seat and the clutch and dead pedal are difficult to reach due to the bolsters blocking easy access. I literally can't walk if I drive for an hour because my left knee is strained from the unnatural angle it is put in to operate the clutch. Does anyone else have this issue? Is anyone aware of a way to remount the seat further to the left? I don't care whether seat can be adjusted with the door shut or not as long as I don't have to bend my knee sideways to use the clutch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Recaros actually provide better support, especially for your lower back, IF you sit in them properly. I'll be another advocate to seating position point. Now I will mention that I am interested to see in how the material holds up from repetitive use. I daily mine and usually get in an out 2-3 times each day. I do have to kinda mush the side bolsters to get out. Time will tell. I love getting hugged by the Recaros when driving on windy roads.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have both the 2018 Red Stitch Recaros, and the Heated/Cooled/Dual Power/Lumbar - the upholstery shop tore them apart, and with a winter project and buying perforated Red Alcantra from Germany, we will have the entire chassis of the Convenience pkg into the R Recaro

·
Registered
165 Posts
Am I crazy or did Ford mount the driver's seat too far right in recaro equipped cars? I think the steering wheel is not quite centered over the driver's seat and the clutch and dead pedal are difficult to reach due to the bolsters blocking easy access. I literally can't walk if I drive for an hour because my left knee is strained from the unnatural angle it is put in to operate the clutch. Does anyone else have this issue? Is anyone aware of a way to remount the seat further to the left? I don't care whether seat can be adjusted with the door shut or not as long as I don't have to bend my knee sideways to use the clutch.
How tall are you just out of curiosity? I'm 5'6 and my seat is so low to the ground as it can be. I'm about 10-12 inches away from the steering wheel so I sit pretty up-close. (Watching open wheel racing and every other racing sport they all seem to sit so up close so just figured it's the right way to be)

I did a quick google search: the reason they sit up close is to prevent strain on the shoulders over long period of racing along with better control of use of your forearms and biceps versus steering with your "shoulders."

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am 49, 6' 1', 235 lb., 36 inch waist. I love the Recaros. Super comfortable and a perfect fit. Have not been to the track yet but the lateral support is the best I have ever experienced and I can't wait to get out and toss it around some corners. I also need the belt holes to support four point harnesses and a Hans. I love them.

Reactions: Steve49

·
Registered
5 Posts
At a 38 inch waist (6' 225) the Recaros are just right for me. Another 2 inches though and I could be in trouble. One thing I always do that helps with my seating position, is that I keep my wallet in my center console while driving. I don't have the full on George Costanza wallet, but anything at all shifts my hips slightly off kilter and can load up that left hip and thigh more so than the right. I also am able to sink down into the seat better in general without the wallet in my back pocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JoeC and SVT...

I also tried to swap GT leather/power seats into my GT350 and the airbag light is on. Has anyone found any more information about this?

Also, SVT, which of the two connectors you added was +12 and which was ground?

Thanks!
I just wanted to let you know that I figured out my Air Bag light issue two days ago. After doing a lot of reading without any real good direction, today I was going to disconnect the air bags in the seats and install a bypass resistor. However I first reinstalled the passenger recaro seat and the airbag light went out (keep in mind I bought a set of the factory GT350 comfort seats). So I started checking and changing sensors on the seats and it turned out to be the pressure pad in the seat bottom of the passenger seat. I actually didn’t think this was the issue, because it triggered the light when there was a light weight on it, but in the end I changed the complete pressure pad over from the Recaro and the light is off and has stayed off. I have only driven my car about 20 miles but I have restarted it multiple times and so far no issues.

I was a little scared to take the seat bottom loose on both seats, but both of them were really easy. I just figured I would give you an update. I also found a company in New York and Texas that reprograms the SRS sensors also, but I didn’t have to go this route so I didn’t talk to either of them.

Texas: Airbag Computer Modules New, Used, Exchanged or Repaired. Airbag Systems, Inc.
New York: www.srsmodule.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seats all tore down - 2018 Recaros are getting all the goodies from the 2018 Dual Power/Lumbar Heated/Cooled - Mechanically a few welds on each seat base and then the shop is sewing in Perforated Red Alcantara - when done, I will post pictures of Dual Power, Heated/Cooled, Lumbar, Recaro's

Next up, stripping the CF Wheels for a ClearCoat only finish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would caution you against that on the inner barrels. The ceramic coating Ford uses to protect the carbon fiber is there for a reason and even Ferrari use the same style ceramic inner barrel coating on the 488 Pista with the exposed carbon fiber wheel option.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not sure why anyone would paint the inner barrels - the traveling prototype Shelby GT500 that is at the Chicago Auto Show looks amazing with the exposed finish - I have a Range Rover SVR with an exposed hood and like the look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ever heard of Purple Mattress? They also sell 2 seat cushions 2 inch from for my 2017 after driver from SO Cal to Reno via 395. They fit perfectly, $70 each makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The solution can be had with some out of the box thinking and of course CASH - :)

2018 R Recaro's - Converted to Factory Heated/Cooled/Dual Power/Lumbar - Auto Exit Driver on Door Open -

I am 5'7" 165lbs and over 50... Ford didn't make it so we made it! All OEM except for the Exit trigger -

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Light Steering part Product Orange Motor vehicle Comfort Bag Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Personal luxury car Red Steering part

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those "Fat Man" "couch" seats sure LOOK more comfortable........the 30 minute ride home from the dealership in the Recaros gave me a bit of a twinge, but I had them set in a wonky position.
Still have to get them adjusted "just right" and hopefully it won't be an issue.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
No issues...No airbag light, and the seat belt reminder (SBR) also functioned.
View attachment 10102

I only had to add the power + and ground - to get my seat, fore-aft, tilt, and height adjuster motors to function. All other pin outs were left untouched..The remaining (original) bodyside wires are for the airbag, SBR and seat track position sensor connection.
Of course seat heat and A/C will not function and is in the second seat side connector.
View attachment 10106
. Where did you pull power and ground from? On the connector you have 2 12volt power on each side is that correc?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts