Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all suggest for spot cleaning the exterior trim parts such as the front and back bumper and the side skirts? I apparently let some spray wax run down from when I was spot waxing the front bumper and it's not really coming off. Just two thin lines that are darker than the other plastic but it's bugging me. All I can seem to find are plastic restorers, which I don't need.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What do you all suggest for spot cleaning the exterior trim parts such as the front and back bumper and the side skirts? I apparently let some spray wax run down from when I was spot waxing the front bumper and it's not really coming off. Just two thin lines that are darker than the other plastic but it's bugging me. All I can seem to find are plastic restorers, which I don't need.
Have you tried using a wax remover then rewaxing?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lucas oil makes a detailing kit that comes with a speed wax, interior and a tire/trim spray. I use the tire/trim on all the plastic bits on the outside, works really well. The speed wax is amazing and all three smell great! Odd thing, but I don’t wanna be smelling some harsh shit while detailing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I go along with johnny1, except take Formula 409 and spray on a cloth to clean the area in question first. Then follow up with the Back to Black. I use that on all my black parts, even the stripes, it really makes them POP while adding some protection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Adam’s Tire and rubber cleaner. Yes, it’s perfect for plastic trim. It’s designed to do just what you’re asking.
Ordered a bottle and applied to all my black trim over the weekend. Spectacular results. It even made white marks from my waxing of the body disappear. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Peanut butter works pretty well in getting the wax off of black plastic trim parts. I've tried the Back to Black, and other plastic "restorers" but once you wash it again and the product is gone - you still have the wax marks. I've also used a (soft) gum type eraser to good effect in the past...sounds silly I know...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Peanut butter works pretty well in getting the wax off of black plastic trim parts. I've tried the Back to Black, and other plastic "restorers" but once you wash it again and the product is gone - you still have the wax marks. I've also used a (soft) gum type eraser to good effect in the past...sounds silly I know...
Never heard of the peanut butter trick HotLap. I have some fender flares I'm going to try that on. I assume smooth works better than crunchy. ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts