Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I suggest purchasing an OBDII reader (like a Kiwi 3) and an app on your phone (such as OBD Auto Doctor) which enables owners to self monitor their vehicles. I have had the CEL go on (steady) and then off a couple drive cycles later. The CEL does not always illuminate when the ECUs have detected issues not yet classified as permanent. There is a very large number of conditions that can cause the CEL to illuminate, of varying severity.

I have used screen shots as well as very specific OBD code information with service techs. This has helped eliminate conversations with a Ford service person similar to

"Yes customer reported a code, but CEL is out and tech's "scan" detected no codes, so we really did not do anything but keep your car for two or three days.", only to be back at the dealer several days later.

I have also developed significant skepticism regarding Ford dealer's service department ability to properly diagnose and fix issues, as well as the overall stability of my GT350. I therefore monitor the OBD information frequently, and record anomalies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts