Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 tech pack car. I want to change out the wimpy spoiler with the one that came with the track pack car. Any of you tech pack owners do this? Is this easy to do? I don't want to drill new holes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You may as well invest in the Anderson Composites GT350R replica spoiler.

[video=youtube;bW1PTEph7t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1PTEph7t8[/video]

You can do the entire install by watching the video above. She does it all herself.

·
Registered
247 Posts
An R spoiler is a lot more of an investment than just the spoiler. Gotta say, not a good comparison. Swapping to an R spoiler requires an entire new trunklid or a body shop visit to fill those holes. Now you’re talking paint and new stripes. No damn way I could leave those holes in there. What he wants to do is a great compromise.

Or better yet, what I’m doing...waiting to see the ‘19 spoiler in person and see if I like it better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 16' tech pack that I installed the track pack spoiler on. No holes to drill uses same holes as blade spoiler originally on car from factory. I bought the Ford oem track pack spoiler (399), wasn't a lot of options at time, but fit perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly what I did. Can't recommend enough. And not that it matters, but the same color combo as well...lol. I have a '16 tech pack that I installed the track pack spoiler on. No holes to drill. Uses same holes originally on car from factory. OEM track pack spoiler.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did the swap as well. I heated the original spoiler with a blow dryer, which released the adhesive and made removing the lip spoiler easier. Make sure to keep a grip on the bolts so you don't have to chase them down the trunk lid.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Changing to the R Spoiler is expensive BTW - Body Shop to weld the three holes shut, prep plus paint and a $300 Stripe - its $1000 for everything without a spoiler and if you are going this far, you prolly want a Carbon Fiber one - so big $$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can get the Track Pack spoiler from White Bear Lake Ford in MN @ 10% over cost. Install is a snap,get some fishing line and a hair drier, I used goof off to rid the adhesive. 30 minute install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve done it. Takes more time to get the double sided tape off than it does to install.

Simple installation using the same holes as the tech pack lip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts