Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my gt350r second hand..and as a result it had a lot of swirl marks in the black paint. I did some shopping and found a guy and he did an amazing job of paint correction and ceramic coating. Problem is I have some paint chips. I was shortsighted. I put some pilot sport 4s in the car for longer tred life but ordered 325s for the back instead for 315s. Thought I had read it somewhere they would be fine, but they're not. They kick up stones that create chips..to wide.
So has anyone run into this issue? Looking for some kind of actor market wheel well liner that would stick out just a smidge more and prevent the destruction of my paint. I have to tKe some better pics. It was nighttime when he finished up.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have been running MPSS 325's on the rear for about 13,000 miles and have had no issues with stone chips with only the factory guards in place. A lot of that driving was in highway construction, so I have run through some pretty rough conditions. On the other hand, the PPF protecting the front of the car has taken a beating.
There are aftermarket mud flaps that would look nice. You only need probably another 3/8 to half an inch more than what you have now .

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the life of me, I don’t know why everyone’s thinks Michelin is the only tire option available for this car. That’s not a slam on you and not trying to be jerk, just sayin, there are other things in life. I went with the Continental’s because the Michelin 325 is just too dang huge. The Conti runs much smaller. My tread does not poke out past the edge of the fender, and has about the same poke as the stock 315’s. And I’ll tell ya this tire is no slouch and gives up nothing to the PSS’s in performance. I even prefer the looks. Much better shape sidewall and not so square compared to the Michelin’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the life of me, I don’t know why everyone’s thinks Michelin is the only tire option available for this car. That’s not a slam on you and not trying to be jerk, just sayin, there are other things in life. I went with the Continental’s because the Michelin 325 is just too dang huge. The Conti runs much smaller. My tread does not poke out past the edge of the fender, and has about the same poke as the stock 315’s. And I’ll tell ya this tire is no slouch and gives up nothing to the PSS’s in performance. I even prefer the looks. Much better shape sidewall and not so square compared to the Michelin’s.
Have you tracked your car after the Contis ? Wondering about on track performance comparison. Do you know the treadwear rating for the Contis ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. about the mud flaps. I'll look them up. And, no offense taken on the Michelins. I'm no expert, but the experts I've heard swear by them. More for track use though. Couple more pics.
Need a sunny day. It was cloudy

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been running MPSS 325's on the rear for about 13,000 miles and have had no issues with stone chips with only the factory guards in place. A lot of that driving was in highway construction, so I have run through some pretty rough conditions. On the other hand, the PFF in front has taken a beating.
There are aftermarket mud flaps that would look nice. You only need probably another 3/8 to half an inch more than what you have now .

what is PFF?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts