Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with their car not starting after sitting idle for 4-5 days? I replaced the battery and still have this issue.

·
Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
11 Posts
No I have not had that issue. Since I travel for work mine sits for two to three weeks at a time. Once I got back and I could tell the battery was running low. Since then I have kept a trickle charger on it when I am traveling. Do you have any aftermarket accessories, like a dash cam that has a parking mode?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with their car not starting after sitting idle for 4-5 days? I replaced the battery and still have this issue.
Does the engine turn over? If it does, check the relays in the fuse panels. Took my dealership a few days to figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, when i got my '19 GT350 a friend who had a 2017 told me he had problems with his Shelby and replaced the battery.
I have a quick disconnect setup to easily put the car on the trickle charger with one step and never will have the problem since it's either in use of on a charge.

·
Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
11 Posts
it is stock with no additions.
Do you have a ammeter, or a voltmeter that is able to read amps? Have you checked to see what the amount of current draw is when the car is off? Not sure about the Shelby, but on most modern cars the car also has to be locked so that all of the computers will go to sleep. Since you would need the hood open, not sure how that would impact that.

I would suspect there to be more than .5 amp current draw. If so you could start pulling fuses to see when the current drops, to isolate the parasitic draw. The below video explains it better than I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My car sits for 6 months without starting haha. I have noticed that the shelby drains the battery much quicker than my 2012 camaro did. So I have to turn the tender on once a week to keep the battery full during the cold months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told, when I bought my ‘19, that if you don’t lock it with remote, it basically continues to actively search for the remote. So, the battery is getting drained slowly but surely. I equate it to leaving the dome light on; doesn’t take long to drain battery below starting voltage.

I drive my car about once every two weeks, locking it after with remote, and have had no battery issues (knock on wood).

but I will blame you if my car does not start the next time I go to drive it..:unsure:

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
12 Posts
I was told, when I bought my ‘19, that if you don’t lock it with remote, it basically continues to actively search for the remote. So, the battery is getting drained slowly but surely. I equate it to leaving the dome light on; doesn’t take long to drain battery below starting voltage.

I drive my car about once every two weeks, locking it after with remote, and have had no battery issues (knock on wood).

but I will blame you if my car does not start the next time I go to drive it..:unsure:
Yes, if you don't lock it, it's always in a type of stand-by mode drawing down power from the battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts