Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new to me 2016 Gt350 and the rear brakes squeal quite a bit on low speed low pedal pressure stops... Is this normal?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check the pads. I'm willing to bet someone either put junk aftermarket/full blown track pads on it, or the pads are hitting the wear bars and they'll squeal like hell either way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A lot of us have the problem and it's because the proper steps weren't taken to install the brakes or debris and etc over time created the problem.

Here's a video on the fix:
[video=youtube;psOXNsJy4VY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOXNsJy4VY[/video]

The above is very through, however, I just took the wheels off and used brake cleaner to clean the brakes and sprayed a bit on front and rear of the calipers which included part of the rotors. Should be safe too do and I've had no issues. My squeal isn't as loud but it's still there but that's the best I could do without taking dissembling everything. I have not tried taking it to the dealer... well just because I don't like anyone but myself driving it. Figured if it was still an annoyance that the next time I got a tire rotation that I'd tell them to look into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts