Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m looking into installing a BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout kit. A few friends (also GT350 owners) that I track with have installed them and say it’s might and day in putting stiffness into the IRS without adding the noise (NVH) of a bushing kit. The kit doesn’t interfere with my BMR jacking rails (like them better than Steeda, beefier).

Any input?

Font Red Parallel Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an embarrassing (even dumb) question I have had my 350 for one month, 800 miles and have have several instances of grinding 1st gear. I know this is driver error but damm this keeps happening! My transmission seems particularly notchie when it is cold. Is their some modification to the shifter or clutch that will smooth out the action or allow full engagement more efficiently? For me this is a serious question. I am not looking forward to replacing my 1st gear. Or I can just learn how to drive better. PS I have had 9 manual shift cars and this is the first one with this particular issue. any ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not really. It's gotta be your technique; food/hand timing and coordination. I think you're shooting for first before you have the clutch in far enough. You could experiment with fluids to see if you find one you like better at addressing any notchiness, but that's not going to help you grinding into first. Unless of course you actually have a mechanical problem with your clutch not disengaging fully when you go for first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts