Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my biggest disappointment thus far is that the GT350 does not come with or accommodate a tow hook. Listen up Ford ... all BMWs come equipped with tow hooks!

With that said, car is just a hoot to drive and will be wrestling wth my wife for the keys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Meares
I owned 2 08 GT500's one soft top. I expect to pick up my GT350 early April. I fully expect this car to be 3 times the car of the GT500's Those GT500's were flat out not connected with the road at all and required $3500 worth of suspension mods to lower them and settle them down. Yes I loved that whine etc, But ....Lord you were taking your life in your hands to dare to wind out third gear.
Agree ? Listen.. I love all Mustangs and have owned 7, but my expectations is that this car redefines high performance pony's..TOTALLY !!
Welcome your thoughts....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rainer
I am in Chester County. If our biggest disappointment is the lack of a tow hook, I am ecstatic I am expecting delivery early April. lets meet for lunch or something..
We are probably 45 minutes from each other.
I cant wait to drive the car..I am jealous of your wife's enthusiasm.. Good for her, and you..Congrats.
Clancy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Interesting thought. A tow hook would be nice. Not for break downs but for towing at the track, tie down in the trailer etc. Maybe when I get a few minutes I will fab one up and see if we can get it in production.

·
Registered
206 Posts
you may want to check with Cool Tech to see if they will be making a hook for this car. I have them on my 2009 GT500. They are are a great product and their service is excellent. I got a follow up call regarding my front mount because they had some come thru with the spacing off. Wanted to make sure mine were ok. Not sure if I will put them on my GT350

·
Registered
206 Posts
CD3--I agree about the suspension mods needed on the earlier GT500's. Mine is a 2009 and I am in the middle of doing all of those mods and hopefully will get the results I want. I had also put the big brake kit on it from Ford Racing and at the time I purchased the kit,it was a smoking deal. All that being said, no matter what I will do to the GT500, it won't compare to the ride I am getting from my GT350!

·
Registered
62 Posts
completely agree!!!it was a tongue in cheek comment anyway...dad has an 07 conv. with a Super Snake from Shelby in LV (obviously) and an 08 conv. that's for driving..about 30K miles...this 350 is 10 TIMES the car that those 500s are...hands down!!!...you're right that supercharger is addictive!!!! but hell, i drive mine in sport all the time and that exhaust note is just as delightful!! i love my 350

Meares
I owned 2 08 GT500's one soft top. I expect to pick up my GT350 early April. I fully expect this car to be 3 times the car of the GT500's Those GT500's were flat out not connected with the road at all and required $3500 worth of suspension mods to lower them and settle them down. Yes I loved that whine etc, But ....Lord you were taking your life in your hands to dare to wind out third gear.
Agree ? Listen.. I love all Mustangs and have owned 7, but my expectations is that this car redefines high performance pony's..TOTALLY !!
Welcome your thoughts....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great news Michael as I have not taken delivery yet. Supposed to be first week of April.
I truly scared the s---t out of my self as I launched my 08 one day off a very small rise in the road.
Had my neighbor in the car..he was grabbing for anything that looked like a possible handle....But I still loved that black/black soft top stripe delete car for sure...
We are all under the Pony ether and happy to be !!
I think you are close to me..maybe we meet up some time....Did you tell your dealer not to prep the car ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rainer
I am in Chester County. If our biggest disappointment is the lack of a tow hook, I am ecstatic I am expecting delivery early April. lets meet for lunch or something..
We are probably 45 minutes from each other.
I cant wait to drive the car..I am jealous of your wife's enthusiasm.. Good for her, and you..Congrats.
Clancy
Yes, auto is fantastic and will not disappoint! Would enjoy meeting for lunch ... some time in April?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Morning CD ...regarding the "dealer prep" question... I made a request to have the vehicle left untouched upon delivery (No PDI). The GM made good on the request. They unloaded the car and the GM himself drove it to the storage building and kept the pods/keys. He called me as soon as the transports rig droved-in. The following day, I was at the dealership with my truck and car carrier. We conducted a detailed inspection of the whole car (i.e. PDI for fluids) before driving it a short distance to the nearest gas station (functional check) where the GM filled the beast. We could not stop greening ...specially once I cycle the drive mode to "Sport" and all bets were off. Inventory the accessories, loaded it onto the carrier and we were off... a nice 100 miles drive home. Note: the front splitter comes in a box (in the trunk) since the car may not clear some transport ramps with it installed... dealer is supposed to install it for you before delivery. I opted to install mine. It is not very difficult if you have the equipment/tools. Apparently, it is an ongoing practice since there are plenty of videos on "how to do it yourself" in the internet. In addition, there should be approx. 5 miles logged in the odometer when they get off the transport. Anything above 10 ...definitely make an issue of it with the GM. Please, follow the “break-in directions” before pushing the motor. Good luck!:cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
They prepped it but not well. Did the rest myself. I am heading to the track (Summit Point) for two weekends in April but I haven't decided to continue to run the 2009 Shelby or the GT350. I do want to see how it compares. Maybe when I go to Watkins Glen, I will take it and let it stretch its legs a bit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.