Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I certainly love the road course in my GT350, been many times, but in my teen years, I frequented the Saturday night drags at then Beeline Dragway outside of Phoenix. Call it my second childhood, but taking the GT350 to the local drag strip brought back a lot of memories, and I'd like to do this on occasion. The problem? Connecting to the track! I first ran with the stock tires and wheels, running low 13's at a Density altitude of about 3500'. Lots of spinning! I changed to the 315/35/19 Michelin Ps4s on the rear with the P51 wheels, 305's up front, or basically the 350R set up. These got me almost into the 12 second range, with slightly less spin, but if I could connect, I am sure I'd be in the mid 12 seconds. Thus I am considering a set of slicks, the obvious choice would be Mickey Thompson ET Street SS radials, or the like. Some folks say that things will begin to break since a standard trany should be coupled with bias ply slicks, for a little wall wrinkle and give in the launch, so that's really my question here? Does anyone have experience here, not opinions, experience. I was thinking perhaps if I installed the QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, I'd gain some protection or some give in the drive line to protect things if I ran the 19" radials. Going to smaller wheels, 18" is the smallest possible on the rear of the GT350, would allow for a set of bias, but for other reasons, I think I'd rather spend that wheel money on the CF driveshaft. Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts