Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , recently I was thinking about getting a replacement one piece driveshaft. I was thinking about going carbon. Anyway I stopped by a local driveshaft shop in my area and got to talking to the guy who makes the driveshafts for all the racers in the area and he told me it's illegal for shops to make one piece driveshafts for cars that come with two piece driveshafts. He told me not to get a carbon driveshaft because they shatter all the time.He said the high horsepower cars that are tubbed all use two piece driveshaft and what he does is make them out of heavier gauge steel and they never brake not even with cars that are 2000 hp. Anyway what are you guys thoughts on this? Two piece or one piece?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, he said he can make it out of 10 ga. material and it will never break.The way he explained it to me was. Most of the trucks on the road are carrying heavy loads and need way more torque than our cars can ever produce and they have two piece driveshafts. He said when he builds them they never come back damaged, but he sees carbon fiber driveshafts shattered in his shop all the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I run a one piece aluminum driveshaft by Mr. drive shaft I have no problems with my Shelby GT 350 running over 850 hp. The two piece driveshaft I highly recommend to replace if you’re going to add a lot of horsepower like I did due to the fact of vibration as well as stress on the overall drive shaft. It’s worth the money and it makes you drive shaft a lot lighter in weight

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts