Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - looking for the most economical tire set up for use daily driving. Would love something that reduces tramlining and is also economical (lasts and is good cause for cost).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought and installed the G Trac brace from Steeda on my car and it has significantly reduced my tramlining. My wife who normally doesnt like riding in my car also noticed that it handled better as a passenger the 1st time she rode in it after I installed it. Cant help you with the tires as I'm still on the Cup 2's. Yeah they are expensive and dont last long but they grip so good!! 2 sets of rears to a set of front normally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought and installed the G Trac brace from Steeda on my car and it has significantly reduced my tramlining. My wife who normally doesnt like riding in my car also noticed that it handled better as a passenger the 1st time she rode in it after I installed it. Cant help you with the tires as I'm still on the Cup 2's. Yeah they are expensive and dont last long but they grip so good!! 2 sets of rears to a set of front normally.
I did the Steeda G Trac Brace and put Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all - looking for the most economical tire set up for use daily driving. Would love something that reduces tramlining and is also economical (lasts and is good cause for cost).

Thoughts?
I went with Hankook Ventus V12's 325/30/19's on the rear. I used them on my last car and they were great. I don't track the car but road traction is fine and I love the look of the extra 20mm width. Half the price of Cup 2's. I haven't replaced the fronts yet but when I do, it looks like I'd have to jump up to 305/30/19's if I want to stay with the Hankook's. Not sure if that would impact the tramlining. I don't know if the tramlining is due more to width or stickiness of the Cup 2's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with Hankook Ventus V12's 325/30/19's on the rear. I used them on my last car and they were great. I don't track the car but road traction is fine and I love the look of the extra 20mm width. Half the price of Cup 2's. I haven't replaced the fronts yet but when I do, it looks like I'd have to jump up to 305/30/19's if I want to stay with the Hankook's. Not sure if that would impact the tramlining. I don't know if the tramlining is due more to width or stickiness of the Cup 2's
Super helpful, thank you! Have you had any issues at all with the different sizing? How long are those tires supposed to last?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Super helpful, thank you! Have you had any issues at all with the different sizing? How long are those tires supposed to last?
No issues at all with the different sizing and it looks slightly more badass :). Discount Tire has a great calculator that compares the stock size with other sizes so you'll know the differences in sidewall height, revolutions per minute, etc. All of those stayed relatively the same going to 325/30/19 from the stock 305/35/19.

Now changing the front to 305/35/19 (because Hankook doesn't currently make 295/35/19's) would result in some measurable changes in sidewall hight (.46 inches less) which will result in a slightly lower stance, and tire circumference (2.89" less) which results in the tire spinning a extra 26 revolutions per mile. Not too bad though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No issues at all with the different sizing and it looks slightly more badass :). Discount Tire has a great calculator that compares the stock size with other sizes so you'll know the differences in sidewall height, revolutions per minute, etc. All of those stayed relatively the same going to 325/30/19 from the stock 305/35/19.

Now changing the front to 305/35/19 (because Hankook doesn't currently make 295/35/19's) would result in some measurable changes in sidewall hight (.46 inches less) which will result in a slightly lower stance, and tire circumference (2.89" less) which results in the tire spinning a extra 26 revolutions per mile. Not too bad though.
Thanks! Think that is what you're going to go with on the front? Not sure I can afford any lower in the front... already scratching my splitter as it is :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts