GT350.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with their car not wanting to start due to the battery being weak after 4 or 5 days of sitting without being driven?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked the relays in the fuse panel? I had a similar issue on my 16
Wow, the Ford batteries SUCK! My GT500 went dead before the warrantee was up. My GT350 had two batteries replaced (last one was non-Ford battery) while still under warranty. I have a 1970 Boss302 that had a new Ford battery a year and a half ago....needs to be replaced! If your battery is off warrantee, get yourself a good aftermarket battery!

Ray

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 17 did it several times. I put it on a tender overnight, it started up fine, but five days later it died again. Ford finally did a thorough test on the battery, and it failed. Luckily car was still under warranty. Good Luck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
There is a constant drain on the battery from ECM’s, radio etc. (memory power). The factory battery is also considered a 3 yr battery's (cheap) and has is rather poor assembly quality. Take the firmness of the vehicles suspension and a rough road and you beat the battery to death (breaks internal cell connections)! I recommend a Battery Tender if the car sits idle for up to a week and a Good Interstate 5 yr battery purchase (when on your dime) will be more durable or a gel cell ($$).

·
Registered
13 Posts
CHARGE IT! I've had 4GT's and my 18 350. The first 3 GT's all had full battery failure at around 2 years. I replaced with biggest mother bear that would fit. My last GT, and the 350 were put on a full battery charger the first night they were home. I was surprised how much charge was flowing into the new battery. I let it cook overnight and the last GT went away with the original battery, my 350 is at 3 years and doing fine on original battery. If your battery croaks, even under warranty, go out of pocket for Consumer Reports best battery. Insignificant cost versus reliability or getting stranded in your $60K beauty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting! I have a 17 w/ the original battery. She gets driven every 3-4 weeks without a trickle charger in between. In the last couple months I’ve put on a charger on each excursion. Now that I post this the damn thing will prob be dead as a rock when I take out this weekend 😂

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 08 GT 500 killed a battery in two years and an aftermarket replacement lasted 6 years. My 17 GT 350 still has the original factory battery will be three years in November. I drive a minimum of 75 miles every two weeks, otherwise it sits in the garage. One thing I do after I get back from a drive is open the hood to let the engine bay cool down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look, folks. New GT350s sit in the dealers showrooms 6 months. Unused, except as halo show cars. If your battery wasn't dead when you bought it, it was close to it.

I demanded new batteries from dealer in both my new 350s. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not had an issue with the battery in my 350 but I took possession 2 days after it arrived at the dealership. The OEM battery in my 2010 SHO lasted 7 years and many times it sat for several weeks without being driven.
I did get a Battery Tender for the 350 and one for our 'Vette and they seem to do a great job of maintaining the batteries at full charge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a quick addition, I replaced the batteries in both my SHO and 98 Mustang GT with Motorcraft Max batteries. I am happy with them, work great and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 will not start if it sets for 2 weeks. Sometimes when I go into the garage, the car is making clicking noise similar to the noise it makes when you push in the clutch before pressing the start button. If the battery get low, the car start doing all sorts of weird stuff such a turning on the parking lamps and the display

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car is programmed to go into “sleep mode” when it sits for long periods. If you have the Ford App. and your Shelby is added it will tell you. My suggestion is to purchase an inexpensive battery tender. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about replacing the factory battery in my 2019 GT350 with an Anti-Gravity lithium battery ?

I know there would be about 20 lb + weight saving - always nice. My concern is the longevity of that technology. It's one thing to use it in a race car and another in street machine. Any engineering technology comparisons between the two appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts