Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well first off some one put those in and they aren't factory. The factory ones have what looks like an X on the top. You just turn them counter clock wise till loose and lift out (I if remember right theirs 3) Those look to be push plugs some one has put in. If so you will have to put a screw driver (or if you have a forked plug tool) under the edge and pry them out and put new ones in. You can buy from Ford very cheap the proper ones. I know my car only came with one in the holes provided and I bought some more. Don't remember order number though. But the proper ones can easily be taken out and put back in any time you want to remove cover by twisting out and turning in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car's build date is 12/15 so I wonder if it's due to how early the build is that it may just be the "factory" ones for that specific build date. I did eventually get it out though after I became annoyed and said... we'll if it breaks I'll just buy the X ones I had seen in another video tutorial I watched.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My car's build date is 12/15 so I wonder if it's due to how early the build is that it may just be the "factory" ones for that specific build date. I did eventually get it out though after I became annoyed and said... we'll if it breaks I'll just buy the X ones I had seen in another video tutorial I watched.
Are you the original owner and did you install the hood struts?
If no then those fasteners are not factory, and it looks like your battery cover has been painted, which is not factory. Since you are not familiar with the fasteners, I suspect you were not involved with those changes to your car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Always amazed to see questions answered on this forum. We learn so much from one another. Way to go community.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The original owner did install the struts which I love a lot. Another member was selling theirs online and it may be available for you to pick up for dirt cheap. The battery cover pictures I found online appear to match what I have... what color are they typically? I did figure out how to remove the fasteners. It's not too bad at all once you figure out what to do. Thin flat head and lift it up. Done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts