Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

1st post here, just bought a used 2017 GT350 with 20k on the clock. I live in Florida and had it shipped from AZ, I took delivery of it and drove it for a day or so, it started to make this high pitched whine (I can assure you it wasn't my wife), then accelerating in 1st gear felt dodgy, like it wanted to go but kept slipping. I brought it into the dealer and they had to pull the entire transmission and turns out I'll be getting the following replaced:

Flywheel, clutch, solenoid, all internal bearings and some other odd/end bearings (per the service manager). pads and rotors since they also started squeaking and to save face they are replacing the mall around.

Am I just unlucky? I have a 2019 Raptor that has never given me a single issue, I haven't read about too many transmission issues, the only thing I was aware of I should be looking at was oil consumption issues I may or may not end up with.

I wonder if the previous owner kicked the sh*t out of it or I ended up with a faulty transmission?

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
35 Posts
Sounds like the previous owner was hard on the cluth and tranny. Haven't really read of problems with the Tremec transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts