Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the audio occasionally will become distorted when using Apple CarPlay for Music? I can fix it by unplugging it and plugging it back in as if it had no loaded everything correctly and it's playing the music at a much lower quality. I am plugging it in the front USB port.

Issue: Discovered build date of Sync 3 (2.2 Build17XXX)

Solution: Upgraded to Sync 3 (3.0 Build 18093 )

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to ask if anyone uses the Apple CarPlay feature in their car?

Additionally, does anyone have any poor audio issues while being connected and in my case, I can unplug and plug it back in for it to fix the audio.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So my first question is why did you post the same question twice? your question was clear both time.

My answer is no, I have not had any inconsistent sounds using AppleCarPlay and I use it 100% of the time.
You may have some defect with your radio that you need to have checked out, you may have an issue with your phone, or you may have a bad cable.
You know sometimes phones connected to the stock radio have trouble connecting? I've found the reason is usually the USB lightning cable being used is the issue.
Use the Apple one that came with your phone, it carries better/faster data rate than the aftermarket ones. This usually fixes the problem.

You are describing an inconsistent problem, but what has been consistent with all 350 owners is poor sound quality with the stock system.
If you have not already read these topics there are threads discussing this.
This was my thread on my stereo's upgrade, jump right to post #6 if interested.

https://www.gt350.org/forum/9-mustang-gt350-general-discussions/4338-my-car-s-stereo.html

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was more to bump up the thread but it was primarily why I started with "Does anyone use CarPlay" as no one had responded.

I believe I tried the original cable but I will once more. The reason for my trinkle charger purchase is because I had noticed my voltage was at 11.0 at one point before starting the engine. I was wondering maybe it had something to do with it. Just trying to rule everything out. I will try the original cable once again though. I actually had no issues though this morning on my way to work which was strange.

I'm content with the sound of the stereo system. I prefer to listen to the engine so I usually have my volume at 7 to 9 unless it's a song I just got to go off on than it's around 20+. You're right though it could use a bit of a kick but to get me from A to B it's pretty good. May add that to car later on though.

It was a beautiful install and I'd pay for a trip to come ride shotgun and hear it. haha.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a black Belkin cable (so it blends with the trim and the seat when I'm away from the car, plus I let it rest between the passenger seat and console when I'm away), so that stupid thieves are less likely to think that I left something valuable and thus are less tempted to do a smash-and-grab. I'll sometimes get a state where my iPhone X will keep cycling between connected and disconnected, and CarPlay won't start. Rebooting my phone fixes it.

I'd think that any MFi-certified cable should work just fine. My other cable is a nice, braided-kevlar Anker cable, though it's quite a bit longer than I need (but was on sale for stupid cheap, so I bought two).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I'm glad you pointed that out. Mine is an Amazon Basic "MFi-certified" and I bought it as it's also black so it wouldn't be too obvious. Honestly, I'm going to proceed with the trickle charge idea and let that iron itself out. Then I'll dig else where but I have had the CarPlay not work either but a reboot didn't even fix it. I just came back to the car a few hours later and it worked again. Once again, I was like hm.... maybe voltage?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use a black Belkin cable. I'll sometimes get a state where my iPhone X will keep cycling between connected and disconnected, and CarPlay won't start. Rebooting my phone fixes it. I'd think that any MFi-certified cable should work just fine. .
I know what you mean, it should work the same, but they don't always. You have an issue with connection and the quickest/easiest test in the process of elimination is to change the cable to the Apple cable. If the problem persists then it isn't the cable. I also use a heavy-duty black-braided cable which I like better than the white Apple cable, but I'm not having any issues. I'm just saying I'd start there. My stereo installer educated me on the data transfer rate of Apple vs. aftermarket cables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts