Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had washed the car the other day, but then weather changed. I pulled back into garage and put in neutral and set parking break. It sat over a week, and when I went it back it up, it wouldn’t move. I reset brake, and just gave it a little gas. It made a metal clunk sound and released, but now is making a clunking sound in front end that seems to cyclical with tire rotation. This is a 2020 with 800 miles and did not have any issue prior. Please help!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Iron + Water + Oxidation = Surface Rust = light lock up, unless you set the brake after a hard run and locked the brakes on Hot Rotors - pretty sure no damage and a drive around the block will shine them up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So pulled Her back out today in the sun, and turning the wheels, could identify the problem. It looks like part of the brake pad on the front left side came off of the pad and is stuck to the rotor. Every time the wheel turns it’s rubbing against that, and when you go to apply the brakes it feels like the front end is going to fall off. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at posts across the web on GT 350s, this looks like could be a common problem. Would you consider upgrading rotors and or brake pads or both

·
Registered
235 Posts
I changed to GiroDisc and Ceramic pads right away, but that's an expensive cure - the warranty should help you out - I have only seen that happen when a novice comes off the track and pulls the eBrake making the massive heat melt the compound - too bad it wasn't a little surface rust :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me but I did not set the parking brake. Ordered a new set of power stop brake pads the next day and have not had issues since.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I had washed the car the other day, but then weather changed. I pulled back into garage and put in neutral and set parking break. It sat over a week, and when I went it back it up, it wouldn’t move. I reset brake, and just gave it a little gas. It made a metal clunk sound and released, but now is making a clunking sound in front end that seems to cyclical with tire rotation. This is a 2020 with 800 miles and did not have any issue prior. Please help!
Both my GT500 and GT350 do that even with the park brake off. IMO it is normal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very important with these big rotors and pads.

NeVAr put it away wet for an extended time.

Avoid the use of the parking brake for long time, or when the brakes are hot.

Pad transference when wet is a thing. I always drive a couple of blocks after washing. Even if I have to drive it in the rain, getting the wash undone. Better to have dirt on the paint than need to turn the rotors and replace pads IMHO. I use the brakes to heat them a bit before putting the car away. Note, the parking brake is only the rear, and the pad will weld to the rotor if they are hot enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts