Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own a 2018 GT, supercharged with a Paxton Novi 2200SL paired to a built MT-82. Originally coming from an Ecoboost as my first Mustang, I’ve absolutely loved this car and have had a blast with it. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that ~900 horsepower is a bit overkill for me personally, and I would like a more track-focused Mustang primarily as a weekend cruiser/maybe a track day once or twice a year. I’m looking into the GT350 market, as I’ve always loved them, and would like to get into one of my own by the end of the year.

I was chatting with someone about Mustangs, this particular person owning a ‘22 Mach 1; and they began telling me that the 5.2L is structurally unsound, has harmonic issues inherent to its design, and that over time it will have a variety of odd failures such as exhaust, bracketry, accessories, etc outside of the possible engine failures already well known.

Having done tons of my own research myself on this Forum and others, I’ve heard about cases of the engine failures, but that there are hundreds of others that are just fine. So, are this person’s claims a bit… Harsh and unfair to these cars?

· Super Moderator
80 Posts
Your last questions are debated weekly on the interwebs. Did Ford have oiling issues? Yes. Are all 5.2L motors self-destructive? No. Lots of owners with troublefree ownership. Key to the motor appears to be a passenger side PCV catch can and check the oil level frequently.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your last questions are debated weekly on the interwebs. Did Ford have oiling issues? Yes. Are all 5.2L motors self-destructive? No. Lots of owners with troublefree ownership. Key to the motor appears to be a passenger side PCV catch can and check the oil level frequently.
Agreed, based on what I’ve read as well. I just felt that their assessment was a bit harsh. It’s a shame that some people turn their noses up to them completely based on those issues alone.

· Registered
93 Posts
Currently own a 2018 GT, supercharged with a Paxton Novi 2200SL paired to a built MT-82. Originally coming from an Ecoboost as my first Mustang, I’ve absolutely loved this car and have had a blast with it. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that ~900 horsepower is a bit overkill for me personally, and I would like a more track-focused Mustang primarily as a weekend cruiser/maybe a track day once or twice a year. I’m looking into the GT350 market, as I’ve always loved them, and would like to get into one of my own by the end of the year.

I was chatting with someone about Mustangs, this particular person owning a ‘22 Mach 1; and they began telling me that the 5.2L is structurally unsound, has harmonic issues inherent to its design, and that over time it will have a variety of odd failures such as exhaust, bracketry, accessories, etc outside of the possible engine failures already well known.

Having done tons of my own research myself on this Forum and others, I’ve heard about cases of the engine failures, but that there are hundreds of others that are just fine. So, are this person’s claims a bit… Harsh and unfair to these cars?
Going on 4 years with not one issue other than the air conditioner. Daily driver & track. Love it, broke her in properly.

· Super Moderator
80 Posts
From the Shelby Store, specifically made for the GT350 only. Brushed forged aluminum. Great wheels and makes the car appear so much better. I am no fan of any black wheel.
Those look great. I’m also not a fan of the black wheel, on any car. I realize that is the trend for the last 7 or so years. A beautiful set of machined aluminum from the factory would have been great. I love the rims on my Laguna Seca, they just hit all the notes for me.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts