Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
63 Posts
Hellcat heavy. Still a blast.
My buddy has one. He loves it but it roasts tires too easily and is a handful.
He is in awe of my 350.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've encountered a few Hellcats at the track. Not the best car for a road course. That said, I love the Hellcat and would love to have one in my garage, but I wouldn't give up the GT350R.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I test drove a 2019 Hellcat before buying my GT350. It was pretty cool - battleship grey with the matte black hood. Lots of fun in a straight line. Punched it going 60 and the tires broke loose. It would be nice to have relatively "cheap" and rotatable 275's all the way around and I did really like the rims. Love the whine of the supercharger, but not as much as our V8's. It was "heavy" but not as heavy as I expected. I'm not taking my car to the track anyway so I would have been happy with it. But for me, it was just too "Dodge". The interior was just subpar, the Dodge emblem.... for $60K they need to upgrade that stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own both, they are vastly different cars. I’ve even road coursed the hellcat challenger and it’s far faster then you’d expect, I can even pull 1.2 G. Does really well and pulls hard in every gear.

Gt350r - is wild and high strung. Great on a road course, not so great on long road trips. Sounds amazing and unique.
Hellcat - never need to down shift, fast, comfortable and great on road trips. Sounds good.

what would you like to know?

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
63 Posts
I would agree that Challengers are great touring cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove a 2019 Hellcat before buying my GT350. It was pretty cool - battleship grey with the matte black hood. Lots of fun in a straight line. Punched it going 60 and the tires broke loose. It would be nice to have relatively "cheap" and rotatable 275's all the way around and I did really like the rims. Love the whine of the supercharger, but not as much as our V8's. It was "heavy" but not as heavy as I expected. I'm not taking my car to the track anyway so I would have been happy with it. But for me, it was just too "Dodge". The interior was just subpar, the Dodge emblem.... for $60K they need to upgrade that stuff.
I find my dodge has a nicer interior, better feeling buttons, nice gauges and toys then my gt350r.

the SRT page alone gives you really nicely displayed data on the car. Changing settings has nice visuals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. New to this site and a new R owner. I just took the 3 day HPD class at Bondurant in AZ which is all hellcats. We were relegated to the black FOB so stuck at 500 hp but those cars were super fun. I was in a manual car. The cars are pretty heavy but handle amazingly well. I prefer the Mustang most basically because it's much more of a track car - lighter, more agile, still with great power. While the hellcat handled well (we did braking maneuvers, oval, road course and autocross), you're likely to experience oversteer differently mostly because of the weight (and because you'll want to :). If raw HP is important you can't ignore the hellcat's extra 200 horses. So the cars are pretty different. I did like the performance selection interface on the dodge and I can't really compare the seats to the recaros in my R. My advice would be to drive both. I went in thinking I'd never buy a hellcat and came out thinking very differently. I'd still pick the R today overall for the reason above, but the dodge is awesome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I owned a HC Charger WB, which I just traded for my GT350. I can tell you the Charger is a GT car. Huge, comfortable, smooth. I tracked it once a month, and it loved eating tires. I made up all my time on the straights after losing it in the corners. I went through a set every 4k miles. In fact the last set, I got an oil change, changed the tires, and had to change the tires again before the next oil change. And I don't do burnouts. The track just eats them alive.

I can't wait to get my 350 on the track. That first corner is going to be something special.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts