Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while back i asked about this and got nothing maybe since it's been a while someone else stumbled across it. My 2016 Tech Pack has 22k on it nothing fancy done to it and so on. This problem occurs randomly and i believe it to be a wire grounding out somewhere. I got a new battery that's stronger in attempt to fix this. Upon shutting off properly, or my dumbass stalling out, the car either starts no problem, or refuses to start back up and tries to tell me the battery is low or to press the clutch etc etc. Eventually after about what has actually turned into 20 attempts it will fire up. When hooked up to a charger it tends to crack first time no problem. I understand it draws a lot of power but it will say this even with a brand new battery. Anyone else stumble across this issue yet?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there a clutch lock-out switch? Both of my 911's had that problem, a small rocker switch was activated when you pressed the clutch allowing it to start, the switch would go bad and I got the same exact problem.....I'd look for that. The Porsche dealer wanted an hour labor and the price of the switch to fix it....about 250 dollars...I bought one at Pelican for 35 dollars and did it myself. So yes, I dont know if our GT350's have that type of switch, but most manuals do so you cant start the car when its in gear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not sure this is related, but with my high-compression big block Fords, when hot they were very hard to turn over because of the compression.

Grace and Peace,

·
Registered
502 Posts
Check connection and/or resistance through your clutch interlock switch. First verify it’s plugged in solid and pins are correctly secured in plastic connectors. Second, put an ohm meter across the switch and open and close it. Should have clean connection with no resistance (very low). If that checks, make sure the start button is plugged in solid. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My son had this problem with his 15' gt. Car wouldn't start on multiple tries and then would start no problem. The clutch switch was problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son had this problem with his 15' gt. Car wouldn't start on multiple tries and then would start no problem. The clutch switch was problem
I'll look into this when i get back home, if ford is having an issue getting it to redo the issue this sounds like an easy over look and like the guy about the Porsche said too sounds like the right track. Thanks will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a clutch lock-out switch? Both of my 911's had that problem, a small rocker switch was activated when you pressed the clutch allowing it to start, the switch would go bad and I got the same exact problem.....I'd look for that. The Porsche dealer wanted an hour labor and the price of the switch to fix it....about 250 dollars...I bought one at Pelican for 35 dollars and did it myself. So yes, I dont know if our GT350's have that type of switch, but most manuals do so you cant start the car when its in gear.
Will be looking into this when i get home, ty

·
Registered
109 Posts
So a while back i asked about this and got nothing maybe since it's been a while someone else stumbled across it. My 2016 Tech Pack has 22k on it nothing fancy done to it and so on. This problem occurs randomly and i believe it to be a wire grounding out somewhere. I got a new battery that's stronger in attempt to fix this. Upon shutting off properly, or my dumbass stalling out, the car either starts no problem, or refuses to start back up and tries to tell me the battery is low or to press the clutch etc etc. Eventually after about what has actually turned into 20 attempts it will fire up. When hooked up to a charger it tends to crack first time no problem. I understand it draws a lot of power but it will say this even with a brand new battery. Anyone else stumble across this issue yet?
I've had this too. It has been random. I haven't pursued it because of other problems the car is having. You're not alone. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts