Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Velocity Blue
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Chassis L1483 dropped #8 valve the other day.
No oil consumption, no ticking, no bangs, felt it bog down and coasted to the side of the road and that was that.
Got it pushed into a trailer and took it the dealer.
New long block to be delivered tomorrow.
Only 1900 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
No oil consumption, no ticking, no bangs, felt it bog down and coasted to the side of the road and that was that.
Only 1900 miles.
Unbelievable and sorry to hear that I recently bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and I am thinking of just trade it in for a jaguar F - Type they have a model that is supercharged over 500hp and no worries of breaking down. Every time I drive the shelby I worry about breaking down. I can't enjoy it

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Velocity Blue
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said there was 3 long blocks in the region and they were surprised. Should have it Friday.
Showed me a Transit van and a Raptor they've been waiting months to put back together.
I did normal break in for 1500 miles, then 400 track.
I did three oil changes during this time and measured each amount taken out.
My VIN was not in the timing chain window, but had it checked anyway.
They said it was not a factor.
I spent an hour this morning with the mechanic who will be doing the work and they let me back in the bay to look at it.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
They said there was 3 long blocks in the region and they were surprised. Should have it Friday.
Showed me a Transit van and a Raptor they've been waiting months to put back together.
I did normal break in for 1500 miles, then 400 track.
I did three oil changes during this time and measured each amount taken out.
My VIN was not in the timing chain window, but had it checked anyway.
They said it was not a factor.
I spent an hour this morning with the mechanic who will be doing the work and they let me back in the bay to look at it.
Sorry for your headache hopefully I won't have any issues but going to be honest. I don't like having to worry about breaking down when I go for a cruise. My health is not good and don't get out much. Last thing I want to worry about is the engine blowing up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unbelievable and sorry to hear that I recently bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and I am thinking of just trade it in for a jaguar F - Type they have a model that is supercharged over 500hp and no worries of breaking down. Every time I drive the shelby I worry about breaking down. I can't enjoy it
If you think the F-Type will provide no worries you have not don't your research. Dig deeper. You want worry free? Buy a Porsche.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
If you think the F-Type will provide no worries you have not don't your research. Dig deeper. You want worry free? Buy a Porsche.
We think a like I love the Porsche dark green it's on my list. I love the jaguar for the body style and interior.
I love the old school Porsche big whale tail fat tires on the rear. A long time ago I had my girlfriend 3 teen daughter's in my car. We were at stop light and right in front of me was a Porsche. I said look at that ass the girls were confused and looked around and we are telling mom. I said I am talking about the car in front of us look at the butt on it. They called wacko lol
They did tell mom she said let me guess he was speaking about a Porsche. Lol
I had a 2005 BMW M3 very impressive I lowered it and chased down a 911 through a bunch of hard turns. He was shocked

·
Registered
23 Posts
2nd that Jaguar would have worries of breaking down. My 2020 GT350 has 7k of trouble free, oil consumption free miles of smiles. Plan is to drive it more this year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Only 1900 miles.
Because race engine. May want to drive easy past 1500 miles on the next one. If it were me, I'd go race at 2k and consider Hammer after 3k. Mine has 7k miles and never revved this one past 7k because no track yet and not enough road where I live. Still fun, just no fun at the limit. Did Track Attack in 2020. Hammered the GT350 to the limit over and over.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
2nd that Jaguar would have worries of breaking down. My 2020 GT350 has 7k of trouble free, oil consumption free miles of smiles. Plan is to drive it more this year.
I was reading into the jaguar f-type they revamped with body upgrades and interior. They fix the engine issues and software problems. I just love the body of the jag even the 4 door. But Porsche is always on my mind

·
Registered
324 Posts
The jaguar SVR is a bad machine starting with a 5.0 32v blown that can be easily tuned to 641hp - pulley and a tune - I have 70k miles on mine and it’s solid - with the sleeved race long block installed in the GT350R - I am more confident but now at 1026 to the wheels / I bought a new 20ft drop flat trailer and am tugging it more than driving - never wanted to be that guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts