Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering what you are using for protecting your Alcantara Suede? If your like me, I drive my car and I have 2 kids that ride in the back frequently. They are dirty little buggers (8 and 4 years old) and I would like to make the suede last as long as possible.

Thanks,
Dr. IDO VUDU

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello all, I was wondering what you are using for protecting your Alcantara Suede? If your like me, I drive my car and I have 2 kids that ride in the back frequently. They are dirty little buggers (8 and 4 years old) and I would like to make the suede last as long as possible.

Thanks,
Dr. IDO VUDU
Allegra D, don’t Sneez!

I got tired of cleaning mine and replaced it within a Tanned Leather version from CJ Pony parts.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I did not know that was available, cool. I can’t say that resolves my issue or question though. I was looking for solutions for the seats.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think we should just let it be... it's like owning a Matte finish. Let the environment dictate the final outcome which actually changes the more you use the car. I bought a front shield UV cover though to at least prevent UV damage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed a Bell super simple, thin and loose fitting cover. It has no hard plastic ribbing inside to dent the alcantara. Just enough protection to keep your hands off the wheel and still feel the steering wheel underneath. Installed it at 2000 miles and now have 5700. Got it at AutoZone and it cost 8.00 new. It is getting worn and am having trouble locating a new one. If anyone knows the model number for this cover please post. (hope it's not out of production)

·
Registered
255 Posts
The only way to protect it to always wash your hands before getting into the car, have wet wipes in your car door if you come out from eating, or wear gloves.
There are YouTube video on how to clean your alcantara.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wear driving gloves (Bionic Gloves) always in every car to keep lotion and whatever off my steering wheels. It keep the Alcantara nice and improves grip on leather wheels that tend to get less grippy over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts