Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2nd time this happened to me in my 2020 GT350. I jump on the highway and blast to the next exit as I hit 3rd gear and accelerate to almost 8000 rpm the traction light flashes. Is it possible my tires are breaking loose. I don't feel any movement. I have put on Hankook summer tires about 2 months ago. It's 97 degrees outside so tires should be warm and was driving around for a bit before getting on the highway. Any thoughts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had that happen before as well. Its the crazy powerband of this engine + the RPMs just climb so fast. Practice being smooth with the throttle. Its not an on off switch. I've never driven anything like this before. It's almost like a sport bike.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had that happen before as well. Its the crazy powerband of this engine + the RPMs just climb so fast. Practice being smooth with the throttle. Its not an on off switch. I've never driven anything like this before. It's almost like a sport bike.
It’s impressive and I will have to pay attention to my high rpm runs. I checked my tires rear pressure they were off. I dropped my rear tire pressure to 30 all the way around. They were at 35 psi

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put her on “Track” mode and your traction control won’t interfere. Mine does the same thing under “Sport” mode. Be careful though, these cars are beasts. I love it!
I actually more concerned about losing the ass of the car and crashing. But at the same time amazed that the car can actually lose traction on concrete strip of highway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So 2nd time this happened to me in my 2020 GT350. I jump on the highway and blast to the next exit as I hit 3rd gear and accelerate to almost 8000 rpm the traction light flashes. Is it possible my tires are breaking loose. I don't feel any movement. I have put on Hankook summer tires about 2 months ago. It's 97 degrees outside so tires should be warm and was driving around for a bit before getting on the highway. Any thoughts
Yes. The tires spin in all but 6th (I haven't gotten the wheels loose anyway.....) if you are on the throttle.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually more concerned about losing the ass of the car and crashing. But at the same time amazed that the car can actually lose traction on concrete strip of highway.
Find a local HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) and get your car on a track. You'll learn how to handle it in a controlled environment. Many clubs have great instructors and they will help you get the most out of your car, safely. Google Motorsportreg to find events near you.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Find a local HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) and get your car on a track. You'll learn how to handle it in a controlled environment. Many clubs have great instructors and they will help you get the most out of your car, safely. Google Motorsportreg to find events near you.
Thanks for the advice and I didn't crash or panic. I am 56 yrs old and been driving numerous different sports cars throughout my life. Also trained by 2 law enforcement agencies in pursuit.
I never had any of my sport cars ever break the rear tires before except my big block. You figure with the gurney rear spoiler you would get extra grip.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. The tires spin in all but 6th (I haven't gotten the wheels loose anyway.....) if you are on the throttle.....
I was revved at 7500 1st,2nd and 3rd as soon as I hit 7500 rpm the traction light flashes. It's the 2nd time it has happened and if was on a curve and if the person wasn't experienced it would be dangerous. I have this thing that I like to do to judge my cars acceleration. I jump on the highway and see how fast I can hit the next exit. Of course I don't do if there are other cars around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts