Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 gt350 Velocity Blue w/ Black Stripes with magnetic accent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Bought my 2019 gt350 about 2 weeks ago, and it’s been awesome.
Unfortunately, 2 days after taking delivery, I got rear ended waiting at a red light, and will be in shop for about 3 weeks.
The unique experience of the gt350 pulled me away from a z06, or a hellcat, and I believe I won’t regret that decision.
Has pretty much every option I would want, except the recaro seats. Am looking forward to learning from you guys about
this car!

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
64 Posts
She's a beauty. Bummer about the accident. Hope it looks like new again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As the owner of both a 2019 GT350 and a C7 Corvette Z06, it’s not possible to compare the two. With the automatic the Z06 is much, much faster 0-60 than the GT350. No comparison.

The C7 0-60, with the upgrades to 710 hp that I’ve done without impacting the warranty, is about 2.85 sec. It’s also lighter. The removable glass roof is also very nice.

The Shelby is a lot of fun to drive with the 6-speed and the fabulous engine. Almost worth it to buy just for the engine sound. Upgraded that engine to 550 hp, also without impacting the warranty. A bit disappointed that it doesn’t have a dry sump. Added various BMR chassis stiffereners and sub-frame support at relatively low cost. Nice that it has a CD player.

Both are great cars. Thank goodness both have the GM magnetic shocks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!
Bought my 2019 gt350 about 2 weeks ago, and it’s been awesome.... I won’t regret that decision.
Has pretty much every option I would want, except the recaro seats.
Recaro seats are standard, not an option.
The other seats are heated and cooled, an option that I think is an upgrade. I paid for the option.

·
Registered
2019 gt350 Velocity Blue w/ Black Stripes with magnetic accent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Recaro seats are standard, not an option.
The other seats are heated and cooled, an option that I think is an upgrade. I paid for the option.
Yea you’re right, was simply stating the only thing it didn’t have that I probably would have wanted

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
64 Posts
This is my first set of Recaros. Glad I have them because they fit me perfectly.
I understand they wouldn't be comfortable for people with some junk in the trunk. ☺

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is my first set of Recaros. Glad I have them because they fit me perfectly.
I understand they wouldn't be comfortable for people with some junk in the trunk. ☺
You don't have to be fat to prefer heated and cooled seats. The Recaros fit me perfectly, AND I vastly prefer the optional heated and cooled seats with a lumbar adjustment. The optional seats have very good bolsters. Recaro has the ability to attach a 6 point harness, and even more bolster. Cooled seats in the summer are awesome and warmed seats are nice in the winter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I didn't track my car, I would definitely want the upgraded seats. But the Recaro's are awesome at the track. And lighter.

OP, nice ride, hope they get it fixed up good for ya!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You don't have to be fat to prefer heated and cooled seats. The Recaros fit me perfectly, AND I vastly prefer the optional heated and cooled seats with a lumbar adjustment. The optional seats have very good bolsters. Recaro has the ability to attach a 6 point harness, and even more bolster. Cooled seats in the summer are awesome and warmed seats are nice in the winter.
I get that. But for us here in the snowbelt that don't drive our nicer cars in the winter it's not that important.
Plus we only get about 10 really hot days in the summer... 😄

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350 Heritage
6 Posts
As the owner of both a 2019 GT350 and a C7 Corvette Z06, it’s not possible to compare the two. With the automatic the Z06 is much, much faster 0-60 than the GT350. No comparison.

The C7 0-60, with the upgrades to 710 hp that I’ve done without impacting the warranty, is about 2.85 sec. It’s also lighter. The removable glass roof is also very nice.

The Shelby is a lot of fun to drive with the 6-speed and the fabulous engine. Almost worth it to buy just for the engine sound. Upgraded that engine to 550 hp, also without impacting the warranty. A bit disappointed that it doesn’t have a dry sump. Added various BMR chassis stiffereners and sub-frame support at relatively low cost. Nice that it has a CD player.

Both are great cars. Thank goodness both have the GM magnetic shocks.
What are these engine upgrades you did that got you to 550?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are these engine upgrades you did that got you to 550?

Installed the K&N Cold Air Intake (used a different one on my Z06), which also does not require a tune. Another popular CAI for Mustangs produces more horsepower but requires a tune which kills the warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts